For modders that own smartphones and desktops.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
So recently I discovered Google Remote Desktop...

...I think you can see where this is going...

A remote desktop app would allow modders to work from practically everywhere.

This seems to work so far, but I really recommend you have a good internet connection for both the phone and the computer.

Only main problem is screen size and keyboard support.
I need to find a keyboard on the google play store that plays well with GRD, since the key inputs seem to only work with text boxes...
...Also GRD has a zoom feature in it already, so most phones shouldn't struggle under this situation.
So yeah, please discuss, this should help the "I'm not at home" crowd of modders~

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just downloaded it and it's great. Though I don't immediately see a way to use a keyboard to say, play a mod, It does seem possible to do things such as use OrgMaker or edit the game script, which is really nice. The only thing is that your computer has to be in full function since it's a direct connection, so that might cause some strife but its bearable. I just need to test how much it drains phone battery and such.

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Also, it's possible to use the on screen keyboard instead of your phone's keyboard, it functions arguably better, but the connection is really important!