Follow Quote on Twitter!

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Captain Fabulous said:
Well, I don't want to just keep posting completely random stuff. It is Quote, after all, and I think he deserves some kind of life. Doesn't anyone care what happens to him when he moves in and settles down? I'm not going to create another story but I am going to give him something to do.
I know, but every good story has an end, or it may start feeling drawn out. You can't place a story in a location of which all we understand of it is two words ("the surface") and a bunch of trees. Such a thing would turn this from a unique take on the story to *ahem* making shit up.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:49 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
3. Deal with the lack of punctuation, Grammar Nazi.
It's not the punctuation really, if you selected the text you would notice there's a a space after the colon. In the text file there's not even a space between the name and the tweet.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Been here way too long...
andwhyisit said:
I know, but every good story has an end, or it may start feeling drawn out. You can't place a story in a location of which all we understand of it is two words ("the surface") and a bunch of trees. Such a thing would turn this from a unique take on the story to *ahem* making shit up.
But it's not a story anymore. The story is OVER. Quote's normal(ish) life doesn't have rising action, a turning point or a denouement. It's just a Twitter feed. I think we all (most of us) (okay maybe just me) want to know what happens to Quote and Curly and Balrog when they live happily ever after. Not an exciting story, but it is just life, after all.
Also Mr. Fist, again, deal with it. It's easy enough to start reading after the word "Lonebot" ends.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Captain Fabulous said:
But it's not a story anymore. The story is OVER. Quote's normal(ish) life doesn't have rising action, a turning point or a denouement. It's just a Twitter feed. I think we all (most of us) (okay maybe just me) want to know what happens to Quote and Curly and Balrog when they live happily ever after. Not an exciting story, but it is just life, after all.
Also Mr. Fist, again, deal with it. It's easy enough to start reading after the word "Lonebot" ends.

Well, yes, i am curious.

Even after

the epic Ballos fight, Balrog coming to save the day, and them flying,
when the credits rolled, i felt a bit cut off.

Even if that was the "end" of the story, i'm sure most of the Cave Story fanbase would appreciate a Twitter feed about Quote's "normal" life as a robot after the island.

Also,

If Jenka's nightmare wasn't real, then whatever happened to all the Mimigas quote saved?

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Nice use of spoilers.
Anyway, andwhyisit, I'm thinking that the world my version of Quote lives in isn't much different from ours, since he (I) made many popular culture references. The main difference is going to be robots. They won't be roaming the streets, but they will exist. You know, like, better robots than we actually have.

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Nice use of spoilers.
Anyway, andwhyisit, I'm thinking that the world my version of Quote lives in isn't much different from ours, since he (I) made many popular culture references. The main difference is going to be robots. They won't be roaming the streets, but they will exist. You know, like, better robots than we actually have.
Some things are similar to us, but some things are different. Can you please avoid specifics in regards to the surface? Making culture references is fine, but try not cross the fine line into MSU.

In regards to robots, the more human-like blue ones are soldiers, but the worker bots are probably less human in design, like Malco for instance. Hope that helps.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Michigan State University? Microsoft's Universe? My Smelly Underwear?
Also, I think if there's on thing that been prevalent throughout the story it's vagueness. Don't you worry.

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Michigan State University? Microsoft's Universe? My Smelly Underwear?
"Making Shit Up". I felt that it needed its own acronym. :D

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM
I do not believe I will have to resort to MSU. But I will if I'm bored :D

Sep 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM
"..."
lol, now I have to remember my password or such, lol.

Or just hunt quote down, which would be easy...

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:34 AM
/end
I would like to hear about Quote, Curly, and Balrog living peacefully on some island.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Well, I've had my mind on other things lately, but I guess I will resume the Twitter feed. I was disappointed at the lack of audience participation... you guys can say whatever you want to Quote. If he's not asleep or away or bagging milk then he'll answer.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Cool i'll do this:D

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM
And I will not use Quote's Twitter feed, because it's boring. I don't feel like inventing a life for him that is also interesting.