Fix Japanese text on Windows 10?

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I want to try the game in Japanese since I'm majoring in the language at college but the text is garbled since it's not unicode. Setting my primary app language to Japanese doesn't work (and settings Windows 10 to Japanese won't work in general) and every fix I've found on Google is either outdated or mentions a language tab in the control panel, and the closest tab I have to that is "clock and region", where it seems "language" is supposed to or used to be. I'd prefer an OS-level fix rather than a program since I'm hoping to fix this for RPG Maker 2003 games too.

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:23 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I think this might be what you're looking for.

I haven't used this myself, but it should allow you to get programs to run thinking they are under a certain locale that isn't your actual one so you don't have to change the entire system.

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:51 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apparently this also works. If you're still unsure, use this older post for manually changing your locale.

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:40 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Apparently this also works. If you're still unsure, use this older post for manually changing your locale.
This is a perfect solution, thanks a lot. Just wish the "graphics enhancement mod" for better upscaling, aspect ratio etc. worked with the Japanese .exe.

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:54 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
...wat. Last I checked, it does work with the Japanese EXE.

Also, CSE2 Portable/Enhanced have working Japanese support on English Windows installations.

Mar 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For some reason the mod doesn't work with the Japanese one, even after I redownloaded it and manually retyped my settings in so nothing would be copied.