• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

-Andwhy

Fix for Save Files in OSX Mavericks and above

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
While messing around with the original cave story, I wanted to load up a previous backup save file. However, every time I dropped it in to the ~/Library/Preferences folder, it always loaded up the old one. It turns out that Apple completely changed how preferences are loaded (https://manytricks.com/blog/?p=3049). So after you move the .plist file, open terminal and type "killall cfprefsd" and restart Cave Story. The changes should now be reflected.