Fever Dreams of Ascension

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Fun little challenge mod. Each challenge felt like just the right length, and I got my ass kicked just the right amount of times to get a feel for each challenge without getting frustrated. The lack of custom assets are a slight minus, but the gimmick with the switches was a really nice departure from standard CS fare, so thumbs up for that. The additional challenges for each level is a fun way to increase the replayability, and while I only decided to finish one of them (the third), none of them appeared insurmountable. Speaking of replayability, the ability to use either the Booster or Polar Star for the set of challenges is a great idea. I feel like having the Booster gave me more room for error, and thus made the challenges easier, but I can't say that for certain.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed myself playing this one. Hopefully you can flesh out the idea of the challenges in future versions, and while not necessary, possibly including some custom graphics or music. Also, one small additional note: not a lot of people think about this, but colorblindness can sometimes be an issue in video games, especially in a mod like this. While I'm not colorblind myself, I feel like there should be a way to mitigate the chance that somebody can't play this mod due to their condition. Perhaps give each switch a letter on their graphic?

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
Fun little challenge mod. Each challenge felt like just the right length, and I got my ass kicked just the right amount of times to get a feel for each challenge without getting frustrated. The lack of custom assets are a slight minus, but the gimmick with the switches was a really nice departure from standard CS fare, so thumbs up for that. The additional challenges for each level is a fun way to increase the replayability, and while I only decided to finish one of them (the third), none of them appeared insurmountable. Speaking of replayability, the ability to use either the Booster or Polar Star for the set of challenges is a great idea. I feel like having the Booster gave me more room for error, and thus made the challenges easier, but I can't say that for certain.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed myself playing this one. Hopefully you can flesh out the idea of the challenges in future versions, and while not necessary, possibly including some custom graphics or music. Also, one small additional note: not a lot of people think about this, but colorblindness can sometimes be an issue in video games, especially in a mod like this. While I'm not colorblind myself, I feel like there should be a way to mitigate the chance that somebody can't play this mod due to their condition. Perhaps give each switch a letter on their graphic?
Thanks for playing my mod, glad you enjoyed it. As for the graphics and music I will admit flat out, I didn't really have any plans for anything custom there (my bad). And yeah, I'll try to implement something to make the switches look more different. Thank you for your feedback.