Favorite Weapon

What is your favorite gun/weapon in Cave Story?

• Total voters
Jul 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Mine is the Spur.(I love lasers :D)

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Although I do really like the bubbline [bubbler whatever] for the fact it can make a shield and has very good range. It's not useful against bosses, and if you do get hit, it's reduced to nothing.

Of course I do love the Spur, and consider it the best weapon. It's very useful even just to have it out, because it does not get a reduce in levels from getting hit. It's also very very powerful and once I get it, I really only use that, unless I see another opportunity where the other guns would be better.

The fireball is also very good, I usually just run with the balls so the things I shoot, hopefully get killed before they hit me.

I only ever use the missile launcher for the hell bosses.

Blade is also very powerful and I use it a ton too. But with the Spur's extra range I prefer the Spur.

I never use the snake for some reason.

If I'm not doing a hell run its the Machine Gun, which I do like a lot. And is actually quite powerful.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:07 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Bubblegun.

SO MUCH BUBBLEGUN.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:461]

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It's not really the most powerful weapon in the game but it's clever and fun so I'm voting for the BUBBLES.

Plus the version of the Bubbler found in the game Gang Garrison 2 is epic.
http://ganggarrison.wikia.com/wiki/Bubbler

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I am really torn between the machine gun and spur :p

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Bubbler makes the most fun. :p

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Blade is my favorite weapon, beceause it is simple and powerful.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Machine gun let's you fly, does an adequate amount of damage, and I use it the most. Certainly the missile launcher is the best for the final few boss fights, but overall I just don't really use it that much otherwise.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
i never used the missile launcher the entire game because of my ocd and i kept think "OMG WHAT IF I RUN OUT OF BOOLETS"

i'm so dumb

anyway i guess the bubbler is cool, my only problem with the snake is that it takes away the fire ball, which isn't all that useful later but it's still fun

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Always have to choose Machine Gun, the recoil jetpack effect is so cool. But blade comes in a close second, well, it's awesome with kings spirit and slashes flying all over the place, but the short range kinda ruins it :p

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I like the Polar Star, it has character, it has personality, and it becomes BA (Spoilers) if you save Curly, and it's lonely without Curly

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I think Spur is overrated a bit too much. Machine gun and Snake are pretty much just as good, with their own uniqueness/strengths/weaknesses like all other weapons.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM
IdioticBaka1824 said:
I think Spur is overrated a bit too much. Machine gun and Snake are pretty much just as good, with their own uniqueness/strengths/weaknesses like all other weapons.
Well the Spur is rather loved because the moment you enter last cave, your weapon levels are never the same. Same with Nemesis, useful for the level situation. Machine gun and Snake are really useful for those going for normal ending though, I love the "Flying" thing you can do with the Machine gun.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maxps2 said:
I like the Polar Star, it has character, it has personality, and it becomes BA (Spoilers) if you save Curly, and it's lonely without Curly
Hey, someone gets it! :D

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Polaris said:
Hey, someone gets it! :D
:D and I thought I was just crazy!

but now I know I'm both crazy and right!

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Maxps2 said:
Well the Spur is rather loved because the moment you enter last cave, your weapon levels are never the same. Same with Nemesis, useful for the level situation. Machine gun and Snake are really useful for those going for normal ending though, I love the "Flying" thing you can do with the Machine gun.
I always found Snake best for Sacred Grounds. And does anyone know why Snake is weapon no.0001 ?

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Dunc2403 said:
Because pixel made it weapon number 1.
Sorry if I sound against you, but isn't that a bit obvious?
What I meant was, why did he make it number 1 when Polar Star should logically have been number 1? Something that goes through walls is quite advanced, and would be inappropriate for the beginning of the game.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It could have originally been the starting weapon, or maybe he was batshit insane and didn't like organization
Either way it doesn't really matter