falling glitch

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok so I was in the middle of modding cave story when all of a sudden, when I started up the game I fell like through EVERYTHING! and off the map too! does anyone know how to fix this?

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:55 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Were you using a brand new tileset? If you're using Booster's Lab, through the map editor, you'll need to make sure if you gave the new tiles attributes (Solid, foreground, background, water, spike, slope, etc). You can right click on the tile of your choosing and give it the attribute you want.
oxvc2d.png
g96mh4.png

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So what I'm seeing is one of the maps causes collision on everything to just turn off, even though the map is made out of the cave tileset which I use twice but it's only the one map that causes it is there anyway to fix that?

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:09 AM
War criminal
So what I'm seeing is one of the maps causes collision on everything to just turn off, even though the map is made out of the cave tileset which I use twice but it's only the one map that causes it is there anyway to fix that?
If it's PrtCave.bmp you're using, is there a Cave.pxa file in the Stage folder? That's the file used to store the tileset's attributes.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
what do I do with it?

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:17 PM
War criminal
You leave that in. Also double check in Booster's Lab if the tiles still have their properties or not, otherwise, you may have to bring in a fresh cave.pxa file from the zip folder that contained the game.