Extra Weapons

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:41 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
diph.php

While doing some TSC, I noticed that in both the notes and sprites, weapon "0008" was missing. So I decided to investigate (wanting a cool new weapon for my mod, of course). Indeed, when you place a weapon sprite exactly as shown, Quote will hold this missing gun.

So far, the gun does not shoot (I made Bullet.pbm all red), and it appears that there is a missing command, as giving it limited bullets and trying to shoot does not reduce the bullets. However, it is fully functional with the ArmsImage.pbm and Arms.pbm files, so someone with a little Assembly knowhow could easily add their own weapon in it's place, or find a long lost one (doubting it).

The same also applies for weapons 0014 and 0015. It does not apply for weapon 0000 which is indeed nothing. I hope this helps people out.

Oct 27, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh, very nice! Maybe i could Make a Gun, who is broken and then in fight ure see it - oh no my gun is broken LOL XD nah just jokin! Well I think we are might be able with runes editor to edit it easily - just copy the Code for the Polar Star for example and fill it in the missing, well but I think we need to edit OFFSETS e.t.c. and lotsa things because some proplary sum space is missing too...

Oct 28, 2006 at 12:15 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I used weapon 8 as the "hand" icon, I don't know how to fuck around with the assembly >_<

Oct 28, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Hoxtilicious
You don't need to fuck you just need to work with it ;) Assembly isn't a Woman anyway.

Oct 28, 2006 at 1:34 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I was using the word for added effect, like making my message 'edgy' and 'hip'.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:14 AM
Hoxtilicious
I know ;) But learning isn't that hard, almost u can try a bit even without assembly knowhow... I did! ;D

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:36 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Weapon 0008 is the Blade, isn't it?
I noticed this too, and investigated after (username here)'s post in another thread about the Face.pbm having set rects. Theoretically you can create as many weapons as you want, even double/triple the image size, but until you use assembly to edit the code, you're holding a jammed gun. ;)

Oct 30, 2006 at 6:18 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Actually these are not new "weapons" as such. Weapon IDs go up to about 30-some (or was that 40?) but many of them are used for other weapons. For instance, the Blade lv3 has different entries for its little slashes. The Bbble Lv 3 has entries for the sparks the bubbles shoot.

There is one unusual weapon. The last one (not sure what the ID is exactly... 0x31, or 31 decimal, I forgot...) that bears mention. It seems to be a test weapon that has no graphics but does a whopping 9999 damage on anything in the surrounding area.