Expanding your horizons?

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:13 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I have often expressed the opinion to my friends that all generes have at least one good thing, and this applys as much to games as it dose to what I was referring to (music).

I have had many cross-medium awakenings some of which pertain to vidiogames. I shall list some here:
when I was six years or so of age pokemon crystal was quite the strange game. I often wondered how I was supposed to jump, and soon fell in love with this strange new game.
I also wish to note, although this dose not pertain to generes, that up ultell a few years prior to now I played on nothing but nentendo consoles and became a console fanboy. My cure consisted of a subscription to game informer (who treated other consoles more fairly than I), exposure to the final fantasy series, and a friend teaching me of a game that we all know and love, that I played on my Mac (I didn't have a PC too at this time). How do I know that we all know and love it you ask? Because this forum bears it's name.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, until tf2 I never REALLY played fps. However when I was 9 or so, I tried nes and nes emulators but they looked so boring and old. I tried megaman 3 and went to snakeman,died, and didn't play it for 4 years. Around 13 I saw a Mario bros speed run, and thought "if I'm gonna be a Nintendo fanboy, I have to play the original Mario bros." I was bored to tears but that got me into the original final fantasy and megaman. Now I don't go anywhere without a megaman 3 copy.