Eternal Chaos - Chapter 5 (20/01/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Another Day, another update.

Chapter 6.2. Now with more fixes.

Also, read about the 1st post for a certain spoiler. There's a new, hidden game mode. Are you up to the challenge...?

Oh, and a few things near the beginning of the game were updated. In particular is the 'bridge'. It actually collapses now, rather than just 'poof'ing. ;P

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:57 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I always thought that bridge was 'retracting' into the floor at first, but I guess not...

Anyways, since I'm having too much trouble trying to finish up Version 6.1, I'll download this one now and finish it up later...

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:55 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i finished chapt 6 this morning and was pretty good except its annoying how you dont have a save before the end of the chapter but whatever :D i sound like im bitching too much ^^"

Feb 16, 2008 at 5:47 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
dude i think u should put a save before u battle zeshiro cus if u die u have to go all the way back and tats real pain in da ass. is it just me or does dani look old? XD

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:48 AM
-> Learn to type in coherent sentances.

-> There's a save point near the top of the tower on EASY... right next to the restore point. You can't see it, but... maybe it's... hm.

-> I'm certain the 'marks' under her eyes are scars; symbolizing whiskers, similar to 'Naruto'. (Only Dani's a Dragchidnat[Dragon-Echidna-Cat], rather than a fox) I think you mistook them for wrinkles...

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
hey i liked chapter 6. omg i like core, it was so damn hard ^^

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:41 AM
koopagoon
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I'm Clear omega but I can't enter the temple again. I in succession fall.

this difficulty easy?

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:47 AM
upon the 'desert path' areas, the game suddenly gets harder. Expect to find yourself taking your time... It's also a good idea to look around for life fragments; there's 18 of them, so far... They're tough to find, but all the more reward.

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi there,

I really like your effort on delivering new games for the cool CS-Engine.

I am currently messing around with
the robot-thingy (forgot his name) in his core-form
on easy-mode - it is plainly too hard. Not beatable.
Are there any tricks?

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:28 AM
Flynx said:
I am currently messing around with
the robot-thingy (forgot his name) in his core-form
on easy-mode - it is plainly too hard. Not beatable.
Are there any tricks?
At the start, try going onto the first block towards the boss and use the Kira Mitsukai (Blade) to clear out the projectiles. When the boss opens up, attack with any extra weaponry you have first, then use the KM te best of the way.

This boss has a habit of retreating into the wall if you go too far to the right, so try to hold your ground as best as you can.

Falling into the lava is far too easy, unfortunately. If you have less than 20 health, there's no chance of making it back up on the left side.

This boss uses the pushback effect when it opens up for the 4th time, after it opens and closes 3 times, run over to the left and stand around the longest platform. The large fire spheres deal more damage than the spikes, so if you have enough life to survive getting spiked, and you don't have any way out without taking damage, try using the spike's damage to your advantage.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
thats exactly what i did XD (i bet it before you posted that awhile back)
even if you tell people thats how to do it, its still hard when you try it :D

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:27 AM
I kinda experimented with the volcano and it seems it's backtrackable. I'm guessing this is the extended tour for the Flame Medal that was teased about.... I'm missing one medal though....

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:39 AM
Hiroy said:
I kinda experimented with the volcano and it seems it's backtrackable. I'm guessing this is the extended tour for the Flame Medal that was teased about.... I'm missing one medal though....
If that's the case, I'm screwed... It was simply hard enough moving FORWARD in the level...

Honestly, I think it's a hidden passage/breakable block around one of the walls, though none of them I've attacked along the way have opened, yet...

Which medals are you missing, Hiroy?

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM
I'm missing Ikachan. I'm guessing it's the same way you get it in Cave Story....

I got the Flame Medal after 100 tries. You have to backtrack all the way back to the beginning of the last volcano section. It's in a chest... I died trying to get back though....

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:58 AM
Hiroy said:
I'm missing Ikachan. I'm guessing it's the same way you get it in Cave Story....

Yep, but ZTaimat made things a little bit harder (I've been playing on Hard Mode, so it might be different on Normal...) by increasing the harmful block count to about 3 times the original amount and all Daniruu would have in her favor (after leveling it up) is Dragon's Breath, since the Kagerou isn't all that powerful to begin with...

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM
Hiroy said:
I kinda experimented with the volcano and it seems it's backtrackable. I'm guessing this is the extended tour for the Flame Medal that was teased about....

Yep. Sucks-to-be Bad Beholder :p

And yes, Hard has more enemies and spikes; and moving blocks in the volcano. Ofcourse, you won't be able to get to chapter 10 playing on Easy...

...On a side note, I've essentially planned out all the maps. I currently have them all as 'Unnamed' maps...

After beating the game, there'll be a selection of bonus gameplay, such as a boss rush (Which will make use of the counter), a chapter-select, and (dundundun) Heaven's Tower - v2.0)

With everything, my mod'll be using 93 maps - maybe more, if I add some 'background' maps for the credits.

Mar 21, 2008 at 2:31 AM
ZTaimat said:
After beating the game, there'll be a selection of bonus gameplay, such as a boss rush (Which will make use of the counter), a chapter-select, and (dundundun) Heaven's Tower - v2.0)

Why did I guess Heaven's Tower was coming back? The first one I have played was hard enough, but I'm willing to take it. If it's harder than backing the volcano, I'll be pleased.

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ZTaimat said:
you won't be able to get to chapter 10 playing on Easy...

aw crap.............

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:38 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
you won't be able to get to chapter 10 playing on Easy...
Why not?

(Fuck you 10 characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.