Entity in front of Quote?

May 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm trying to make it so that a specific entity appears in front of Quote; that is, you should be able to walk behind it as if it was a tile in the foreground. Anyone have an idea of how to make this work? Thanks!

May 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it's in the schism thread somewhere, go check it out.

May 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I don't think thats possible d4vz. I believe only map tiles can be in front of quote. If you find otherwise please post.

May 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I couldn't seem to find anything... if you're referring to this conversation, I don't think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

EDIT:
SeriousFace said:
I don't think thats possible d4vz. I believe only map tiles can be in front of quote. If you find otherwise please post.
I'll keep trying and let y'all know what I come up with.

May 3, 2009 at 6:13 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Make it a map tile then convert it to an entity when necessary?

May 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hold on!

Iono if this helps, but I somehow got one of the sprites in this cut-scene in my mod to appear in front of "Quote" {He's not Quote in my mod, so I'm using quotations....and unfortunately, since it appears in front of him, it screws up the cut-scene XD}
I've got this idea that maybe certain NPC's automatically appear in front of Quote...

Doesn't Jack walk in front of you when you tell him of Toroko getting kidnapped? {I say this because the sprite that appears in front of "Quote" uses Jack's NPC, but a special sprite sheet for that cut-scene}

Anyways, at least it's possible...

EDIT:
Iono if this has anything to do with the entity in front of "Quote", or it's because I used a different sprite sheet, but the sprite will disappear and stay invisible {Until it switches to the real one, and not the cut-scene one} once you minimize....
Why? {Running} Hell {heheh} if I know...
>.>;