Do you think Quote should wear gloves?

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was looking through some artwork (official and fanart) of Quote and I've seen that he's either not wearing gloves completely, wearing black ones, or wearing red ones. Do you think he should wear gloves or not? His in-game sprite doesn't have them, but still!

Personally I think wearing the black gloves makes him look way cooler. =u=

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No gloves:

Red Gloves:

Black Gloves:

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that third picture is fan art, so it's not official. I'm pretty sure there are no official pictures depicting Quote with black gloves, just with red ones.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
HaydenStudios said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that third picture is fan art, so it's not official. I'm pretty sure there are no official pictures depicting Quote with black gloves, just with red ones.

Even when the third picture Stutter provided was fan-art, if there's still official art of Quote having both no gloves and red gloves, this still could ask the question as to whether Quote should or should not appear to wear the red gloves for his in-game sprite (IGS).
Personally, I think Quote looks fine the way he is, but whatever. :V

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
Both the second and the third images are fan art, so if we're going based purely on official art then they should be disregarded I think.

But if we take a look at the credits artwork:

p185851-0-3186244452f034b36beez.jpg

In all pictures featuring Quote it is clear that he is wearing gloves. These were made before Nicalis' involvement, so I think that this is the canonical answer.

As for whether or not they suit them, I think he's better with than without.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yeah, I've always been used to Quote wearing red gloves. In fact, I only noticed that the 3D art lacks gloves when it was pointed out here. :p

In my opinion, I think he looks a little odd with black gloves, but to each their own. Red gloves are where it's at, I think. -w-

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Acording to the credit pictures, they look too light to be black, so it's probably red gloves Pixel had in mind. Personally I like black gloves better, but whatever.
But I think he would look even better in fingerless gloves. Those things look really cool!

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
androids don't need gloves...but I prefer the black pair over the other options

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
He should do fingerless. They're more badass

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Stutterhorse said:
Not sure what you're talking about; Quote's wearing skin-tight white gloves in that. In case you couldn't tell Quote has red hands and he just doesn't want any of the monsters to see them. That's why you see his white gloves in his in-game sprite and his red hands in the credits.

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wild Desu said:
He should do fingerless. They're more badass
p185857-0-quote.jpg

I guess I can see that...

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Based Member
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Both the second and the third images are fan art, so if we're going based purely on official art then they should be disregarded I think.
I'm pretty sure that the second image was promotional art by NICALiS for the WiiWare port, so it's official. Unless you don't count art by NICALiS as official, but it seems you do judging by the fact that you counted the first one as official.

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
CS3D was co-made by NIS. Also all the credit artwork for CS+ features gloves. Are you disregarding every port of Cave Story besides CS3D then? Is CS3D more official when it features two blatant plot holes?