Diffculty pack

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:10 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ok i will probably get ride of the water death at start its not really fair i guess and i will probably remove the health capsules that are not needed. i dont know why someone would say there are to many spikes its hard core mode there is suppose to be alot of spike's

(dunc's last post there is not true he only sort of help me with some idea's)

http://www.mediafire.com/?36z63jj98cyzdrh version 1.2!

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I never said it was impossible. :D
I just can't get past it yet.
I will, though.
And FYI, some of the map looks messy (especially the pit at the beginning), so you will want to get that... fixed, I guess.

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:32 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
don't worry like i said i was going to get rid of the giant death pit in first cave and also before the mod is fully done it needs to be looked over and polished so this is only a demo still so i will fix those buggs. thats also why i want peoples feed back after they have played it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?36z63jj98cyzdrh version 1.2

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think you should fix the story so you fight king instead of toroko in hardcore mode. I'm sure anyone would agree that king is stronger than toroko. Maybe you could use king's blade in place of those blocks toroko throws.

Why are you editing all your posts with this download, just edit the OP (original post)

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
you know you just posted on a dead thread right?

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM
Professional Whatever
linkruler said:
you know you just posted on a dead thread right?

Perhaps, perhaps.
It was all a TEST.
And you passed.

All jokes aside, I did actually have a valid suggestion, so yeah.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:51 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Actually, Ballos46 here has been working hard on this. He is also scrapping easy mode because Cave Story is easy enough. I know because I am a secret beta tester! And because I made the awesomely evil map spikes in Grasstown. >:3

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM
OK dunc2403 no need to post for me lol. But yes i have been working on this again. (I'v been playing a bit to much skyrim ha ha) but yes i'm back and i will be having a another will hopefully be up by December 17. i'm looking forward to hearing some feed back from you guys about it when its released. and also just wondering is it possible to make a death counter i want people to know how many times they've died. Also i would like to say dunc2403 is not a beta tester hes been making spike that might be a bit overkill but non the less he has been helping me in some places with the mod so i give him thanks for that. So be ready for December 17!

-Kill me before I kill you
-Ballos

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:13 AM
Professional Whatever
ballos46 said:
OK dunc2403 no need to post for me lol.
That's kinda rude. He was only trying to help you out so you didn't have to post. I mean, there's plenty of that in these forums, and a lot of people seem to welcome it.
Anyway.
I look forward to trying this when the next demo is released.
Good luck, and have a nice day.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:19 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
MagicDoors said:
That's kinda rude. He was only trying to help you out so you didn't have to post. I mean, there's plenty of that in these forums, and a lot of people seem to welcome it.
Actually people really don't need to have other people speaking for them unless they are literally unable to do it themselves, particularly because around here "speaking for other people" has often equated to "making shit up"

Dunc also posts more than enough of his own accord :pignon2:

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Yes thank you doubleThink but yeah i thought i might just add a few things like the dead line and stuff like that hope you try out my mod on december 17 :muscledoc:

and if i could get people to fight king instead of Toroko that would be cool but i would need to some framrect stuff in x86 witch is not the easyest to do i might need someone to get me the values and the location of Toroko is so i can change it.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM
RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!!!! Introducing the Difficulty pack demo 1.0!

Download right now! here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xd4t1vga8bs8cxv

Enjoy

(i would like for people that once played from beginning to end wich is grasstown. please post feed back on this mod please.
also none of this is final it will have to be re-worked and re-edited

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM
"Huzzah!"
just to let you know, it'll be a better idea to put the link on the first post.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Professional Whatever
ballos46 said:
and if i could get people to fight king instead of Toroko that would be cool but i would need to some framrect stuff in x86 witch is not the easyest to do i might need someone to get me the values and the location of Toroko is so i can change it.

Uh, no. Just no. You can edit Toroko's NPC.pbm and get someone like cripplechair to make you a king/toroko edit. No hax necessary.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM
What are you talking about i just tryed that he dosent give you jellyfish juice.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Everyone can see that you edited your other post like a minute ago. I tried that once, I failed. Just acknowledge you made a mistake, and get on with it. It doesn't really matter. I was pointing out an error in your mod, you don't have to try and cover up your mistakes. Also, good grammar and spelling are nice.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Dang!!! Why are all the difficult pc mods of cave story rar files???? I've continually tried to get 7zip, and it hasn't worked for me :mad: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
linkruler said:
Dang!!! Why are all the difficult pc mods of cave story rar files???? I've continually tried to get 7zip, and it hasn't worked for me :mad: :muscledoc: :sun: :balrog:

Try WinRAR, it's very easy to use. By the way, if it says your trial has ran out, just ignore the message and keep using it.