Diffculty pack

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:11 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
difficulty pack

Introducing the difficulty pack including hardcore mode and easy mode. Ok befor anyone says anything there will not random spike traps in the hard core mode they will be more strategic most likely the same kinda placements in jenka's nightmare witch most of you have played im sure. There i will probably lower bullet damage and maybe a few story changes to make it a little bit harder and might try to make more bosses :awesomeface: cause every love's those righ.

Ok for the easy mode i will be making it just the opposite of the hardcore mode
so less spikes same amount of bosses as original AND TUTORIAL ROOMS! (im not sure if those will work or not im still trying to decide if i should do them or not.)
Oh and bullets will do more damage and there will probably be story changes in this one to just to shake it up.

There are some thing's thought i would like some help deciding one like witch rooms could be easyer or harder or what should tutorial room's look like or how much damage should bullets do. So if you guys could give me some feed back that would be awsome.

Thanks Ballos46

( this will be my first public mod)

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: difficulty pack

ballos46 said:
There I will lower bullet damage and ... make more bosses
I am curious if you know how to do those things.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

sorry about my grammar in that first post. I know you can make more bosses but I dont know how but i will learn how to do that.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:19 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"

ballos46 said:
sorry about my grammar in that first post. I know you can make more bosses but I dont know how but i will learn how to do that.
Do not try to learn how to make more bosses. Ask anyone.
Looking forward to the mod.

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:27 AM

may I ask why i should not make more. is it like ridiculously hard to do?

oh and before i start making this is there any rooms that really need to be made harder or easier?
i want to know so i have some sort of idea of what is to easy and what is to hard and it also gives me a starting point of sorts.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:26 AM

ballos46 said:
is it like ridiculously hard to do?
Welp, to make a bossfight, you need a solid grasp of x86 assembly (something I assume you don't have). even then, it is no mean feat -- to my knowledge, only five people in the history of the forums have coded a bossfight from scratch.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Make Mimiga Village insanely hard. You have to go through it like seven times, so that's efficient use of modding right there.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator

You really shouldn't double post. Just in case you do not know what a double post is, it is when your latest post is directly after one of your own posts in the same tread.
(Start on-topic)
You should have like 13 basils in the Egg Corridor. That would make getting that life capsule pretty irritating.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:39 AM

sorry about that double post there i deleted it so there is no longer one now :heart:. Also I would like to know how to get the spike entities to work they keep on going sideways and i cant seem to get them to be the way they should be like on the roof or floor. (Im using CaveEditor.) but yeah if some one could tell me how to fix that that would be great.

also wont be adding 12 basils thats to many for a health container and to get it synchronized so you could actully do it would be almost impossible.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:43 PM
"Huzzah!"

Lace said:
I am curious if you know how to do those things.

lowering bullet damage takes no more than a second.
about making new bosses?...
ah... this will require you to take a journy to... THE GAME'S ASSEMBLY :muscledoc:

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Yeah i know making more bosses wont be easy so i dont think will be doing that its not out of the question but. probably not

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:51 AM

umm im thinking about adding something like a when you get a health capsule you need a certain amount of heath to get it because when you get it it will hurt you so if you miss one you have to get the other one or you just have to beat the rest of the game with you same amount of health also the health capsules will be far less and harder to find. or you just dont get it(hardcore mode). for easy mod it will probably the opposite more health they fully restore health when you get another one so if you like easy you get more health.

(also still really need to know how to get those spikes to work cause i will be adding lots of those and if i cant get those to face the right way im in trouble not to mention looking terrible.)

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:35 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It is preferred that you not make a new thread just because you released a demo

Edit the first post of the existing one and request that it be moved.

(hint: I already moved it)

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:21 AM
It is finaly here a demo for my hardcore mode :awesomeface: the test takes place from start to the egg corridor so once you finish that its done but i would like the some feed back about it. like could it be harder could it be easyer or if i just missed something that looks bad that would be awsome.(also easymode demo will be coming soon!)

(for extra challenge try and find the challenge room!)

download here!
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbj95y62g2rxgrt

(there might be some technical problems)

Enjoy!

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
This was a really well done hard mode, but sometimes the spikes in the Egg Corridor will fall on one of those flying dudes and stop in midair. Also, when talking to Igor, you might want to replace the <KEY with a <PRI, because one of those spikes WILL fall on you and push you into more spikes.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM
yeah I recently updated it so now you can get out of the EC and I also fixed the fight so you don't loose 5 health from a spike. and also i made it so non of the spikes stop in mid air. im currently working on grass town witch is coming along nicely

download version 1.2 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?36z63jj98cyzdrh

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
First off, you should actually allow the player to continue the game once you fall in the water pit at the start.
Once in the first Cave, I started liking the amount of Spikes that were in there. One may argue it is too much, but I guess it is alright.
Next, you shouldn't tease the player with a Life Capsule. Make it do something or remove it completely.

I can't get back to the Save point once I get the Polar Star shut up I'll do it eventually.

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I've tested it, and everything is possible so far(except the pit of doom in the start point), plus I'm helping Ballos with most of his ideas, so I know what's possible or not. Grasstown is looking fun right now.