(Currently) Unnamed Mod

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
So after this thread kinda died out, back when I made that thread, I was half-considering to turn it into a Cs mod. After reading a couple guides and learning in's and out's, I wanted to put something together for that. Anyway, over the past week or two, (Not counting the time I spent months ago just fooling around with Cave Editor) I've been doing some TSC editing in order to get this to work out the way I wanted it to. Anyway, hopefully if I keep at this, I can have a demo of Grasstown (That's where you start if you take the alternate route) done and released by late March/Early April. (I'm half done with Grasstown too)
Anyway, screenies so far: (Spoilered them for size issues)
diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php
Some current issues I have:
  • Making certain entities/characters appear and disappear accordingly. As seen one of the photo's, Kazuma's still typing away at the computer, but the setting is currently at the end of Grasstown. (This also causes issues in Mimiga Village if you travel that far back)
  • Finding a way to turn certain items invisible/unobtainable if you take the alternate story line. (I have the stock "You can't pick this up" message. Don't know how I'd fix this so it looks nice)
  • Making certain set flags stay set. (I was able to get the fans to work, but not the Jellyfish Spawning. This would also have issues in Mimiga Village (Getting the locket+key+going through Egg Corridor. I was able to make the door openable back and forth without the key if you take the alternate storyline)
  • Making the Teleporter have all the locations it can teleport too. (I assume this is an easy fix, but I'm not sure how I'd go about with this)
  • I'm aware that the colors of the back of Quote's head is messed up. I had to try and chose a quick color because black would cause issues with backgrounds.
  • I'm also aware that the bright yellow might cause some tileset/character confusion, I might change that color. (I do want to keep it yellow though...)

Also, for the record, I'm not asking for help with the modding+editing part at all. I'm willing to go through and mod this completely by myself, but I will need help with certain TSC commands and making sure all that stuff is okay.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's a shame you let that fanfic die :/

Hopefully this mod will work out better. Good luck!

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Polaris said:
It's a shame you let that fanfic die :/
When did I say that this fanfic died? I meant that the thread died. (Hint Hint, I'm going to work on re-writing it. Hopefully in my spare time when I'm not working on the mod. Also, the story isn't going to line up perfectly with the mod, but I have found a way around this.)

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nice to see another mod in progress, it looks pretty good!
I'll enjoy reading the fanfic when you finish rewriting it!

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Rubyyoshi said:
When did I say that this fanfic died? I meant that the thread died. (Hint Hint, I'm going to work on re-writing it. Hopefully in my spare time when I'm not working on the mod. Also, the story isn't going to line up perfectly with the mod, but I have found a way around this.)
It...kinda got dropped at Egg Corridor '-'

Good to see you pick it up again, though.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
It's been about 2 weeks and I feel like I should have a lot more done that I do, but for me, this is a lot done. (In other words, I haven't worked on it basically at all within the 2 weeks) There isn't anything of note really other then the fact that I have the majority of chapter 1 of my novelization (It's suppose to run up to the beginning of Egg Corridor) rewritten. Maybe I'll get bored enough this weekend and work on it.