Curly's Theme Done Down?

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
Has someone taken the main parts of Curly's Theme (Running Hell) and toned it down to a more emotional song such as Moonlight or Pulse? I think it would only fit Curly more if someone did.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
IAmSerge said:
Has someone taken the main parts of Curly's Theme (Running Hell) and toned it down to a more emotional song such as Moonlight or Pulse? I think it would only fit Curly more if someone did.

I don't think so, but what suggests that that's curly's theme? Isn't it just the theme of sacred grounds because of how hard sacred grounds is?

If curly had a theme, I'd say it's either the labrynth fight music (suits her well) or the main theme (in the resources of CS the organya file for plantation is referred to as CURLY).

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I don't think so, but what suggests that that's curly's theme? Isn't it just the theme of sacred grounds because of how hard sacred grounds is?

If curly had a theme, I'd say it's either the labrynth fight music (suits her well) or the main theme (in the resources of CS the organya file for plantation is referred to as CURLY).

I think he's referring to how, in one of the numerous archives of the CS soundtrack (and I unfortunately can't remember which one, although it appears to be more popular than I thought), the name given to Running Hell is "Studio Pixel - Running Hell (Curly's Theme)."

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Who's theme what

It's most likely refereed to as Curly's theme because Running Hell is what's played at the title screen when you unlock Curly with the correct time score.
I don't really know if it's her theme or not, but this is sorta an interesting idea.
I mean, there was that Smoothie Brace remix out of Geothermal, so maybe something awesome could come out of a remix of Running Hell....

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
That's because Quote was originally called Curly Brace. Pixel renamed him to Quote during the last year of development.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:50 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
andwhyisit said:
That's because Quote was originally called Curly Brace. Pixel renamed him to Quote during the last year of development.

Lol maybe he realized how girly of a name Curly was :p .

And yeah I don't think running hell is her theme. Also with the piyopiyo player comes a bunch of files. One of them is a beta track for Labrynth fight, and it's titled "Lost child of iron" I think. So labrynth fight could be her theme.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I dunno, but I'll try slowing it down on piano and post it to my other thread in the forum and see how it works.

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Lol maybe he realized how girly of a name Curly was :p .
p90198-0-500fullcurlyhoward.jpg
Who are you calling a girl?

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:53 AM
First, apologies.
I am super sorry if im necrobumping
I am super sorry it took me so long to make and give this video to you
I am super sorry for showing my ugly mug for a short period of time in the video.
OKAY! SO! LINKY! NAO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tPczaYSbs

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:21 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
@Hook: You've got a good start here. Keep practicing so that you can play the whole thing smoothly without starting over and you will have a pretty nice arrangement. Simple and sweet, which is what a "toned down" version should probably be.

I have thought about how to do this for a while. I have come up with something, but don't have a whole lot of experience working with my electronic music production software (Garage Band, which is not really that fancy anyway), which is probably what I would need to use in order to make it sound halfway decent (I'm generally more of an acoustic musician and composer). I could try my hand with sequencing something in my notation software, but that probably wouldn't be as good since notation software is made for notation rather than sequencing. Go figure. Anyway, if I do ever put something together, I'll definitely share it here. In my head, it sounds pretty cool. The trick is, of course, whether or not I can translate what's in my head onto another medium that other people can hear, too.

I have something envisioned like one of the remixed versions of the Cave Story 3D theme that Nicalis had on its website for a while (maybe it's still there? I don't know). There's an extended video of it (along with one of my favorite works of CS fanart) here.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM
You sound better off with Audacity. Garageband is a great program, but if you need something simple and you work in acoustics, audacity is simple, easy, and free.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Thanks for the suggestion, Hook. I've used Audacity a little bit, but I actually have a mind to produce the remix in my head electronically. I've used Cubase only a little bit, but I have a friend of a friend who might be able to help me out with some of that software, so we'll see. The mix just might happen. Might.