CS merchandise

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:24 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I’m guessing there’s probably no one other than me that really cares, but Cave Story Merchandise. It.... doesn’t really exist. Aside from the keychain that came with + if you bought it at game stop. And it doesn’t seam like anything’s coming out soon (or maybe there’s is i don’t know I don’t do research). But not all hope is lost. Since I’m an irrational person I reached out a company that specializes in mostly indie game merchandise. And they responded (after the 3rd email....). I accidentally deleted the email but I took a screenshot of it so I still have it. But the main reason I’m actually making this thread is because I’m actually doing something. I’m going on a bunch of different websites and seeing if there’s any thing that just shows up one day. Maybe a in-house item, or maybe something released to the public. Either way I made a google Docs penny findings so if anyone wants to see what I found, here it is- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y0h4h3wx7TcxA-6NiOsSefYcJmUa2R2lYEEBhB7LbSI

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:27 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Heh, maybe this could be an idea for some @Aar merch. Have some Cave Story related t shirts or something

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
Cave Story merch doesn't exist and probably never will exist.
It's an old game from 2004 and it has been overshadowed by it's successors.
Chances are, Cave Story is to obscure to have merchandise.

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:55 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
did you guys not here about the Studio Pixel x Disney deal

we're getting a cave story cinematic universe

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:04 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Cave Story merch doesn't exist and probably never will exist.
yeah, I accepted that a while ago. I still like to try though. And with the one email response I got, they claim they would be happy to make stuff for it. So as long as Nicalis (and studio Pixel) are on board and can work out a deal, we could get something. Though It would probably just be a T-Shirt, it’s better than nothing.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:33 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
There is but if there's one thing most people forget is that there's pretty much no "official" cave story merchandise except if Pixel decide to sell Cave Story T-shirt for some reasons.
I don't really know for Nicalis, from what I get they can sell ports of the game but they don't own Cave Story.
sO Official cave story merch probably won't be a thing but merch in general, there already is.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:32 PM
I don't really know for Nicalis, from what I get they can sell ports of the game but they don't own Cave Story.
They DO own Cave Story. If they didn't then characters like Curly and Quote wouldn't be in blade strangers or in that one puzzle fighting game they released.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:47 PM
They DO own Cave Story. If they didn't then characters like Curly and Quote wouldn't be in blade strangers or in that one puzzle fighting game they released.
I kinda hate how there just using them to sell the games. It feels like they just use Cave Story to sell their products cause no one would buy it otherwise. It’s always confused me when I think about how much Nicalis owns cave Story. I’m pretty sure there just the publishers, but then they make stuff like Blade Strangers where it’s a large part of their promotional material.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:28 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I kinda hate how there just using them to sell the games. It feels like they just use Cave Story to sell their products cause no one would buy it otherwise. It’s always confused me when I think about how much Nicalis owns cave Story. I’m pretty sure there just the publishers, but then they make stuff like Blade Strangers where it’s a large part of their promotional material.
I'm pretty sure it is somewhat common that characters are being used in different games, mystery dungeon is a good example of this.

May 2, 2019 at 1:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nicalis has commercial rights to Cave Story. Pixel owns Cave Story. There's a difference.