Critique of Cave Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think Noxid was conveying the wrong message. Pixel did indeed put a lot of work and love into his game, and released it just for the pleasure of us gamers. However, that doesn't mean it's above criticism and dislike. I think what Noxid was trying to say is this:

p148354-0-iwantyoutoshutthefuckup.jpg

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That he did. More so than the ability of steam to win against water in a battle of logic.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:44 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think Noxid was conveying the wrong message. Pixel did indeed put a lot of work and love into his game, and released it just for the pleasure of us gamers. However, that doesn't mean it's above criticism and dislike. I think what Noxid was trying to say is this:

"Witty" Image Macro

Congrats kid, you can post baby's first image macro. How mother must be proud. Now do you have anything to add or are you just going to keep shit posting?

This goes to the other two above me as well.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oh, kyone, hypocrite. You say I'M wrong about shit like this?! At least he was smart about what he was doing! You posting in a forum you apparently don't belong at. Noone shows people up like you did and expect not to fear the metalic PAIN OF IMAGERY!

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:50 AM
I don't think you understand. I don't want to add to the discussion. The discussion is retarded. You are retarded. No matter what I say, you will just rehash the same argument from your first post, so I thought it was prudent to tell you to stop it.

And I wouldn't call doing an image search for "shut the fuck up" witty, but rather, effective.

Now I hope everyone here is done arguing with the brick wall you call an opinion, because I'm getting pretty tired of all this. Please go back to playing StarCraft on Easy and saving every 5 minutes.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:19 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Let's get this straight.

If you think mouse support is supposed to be included, that's your personal reference.
DO NOT criticize the game for not having a control method that you like.

Pixel intended to make the gameplay style of Cave Story more resemble to games like Castlevania, Metroid, Megaman.. etc
So there's no way he would add mouse support to Cave Story, because none of those games have that, and they should not have it.

I know you might have read the entire TVtropes.org, but that DOESN'T mean you have mastered game design and machanism.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Well darn. I forgive you anyway onlineworms, you're late to the party because of China time. You've made some good points.
I might as well say here that I prefer the keyboard to any other controls. I've emulated games that you would never think could be played on a keyboard, but I did it. Super Mario 64? Yes. Metroid Prime? Yes. Microsoft Flight Simulator? Not an emulation but I am so hardcore that I pulled that shit off. Don't tell me the keyboard is an inferior game controller because I know its limits and Cave Story does not even come close to reaching them. You, JamesRaynor, are a pussy.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
This community cannot handle arguments

Have another image macro:

diph.php

Status
Not open for further replies.