Creepy audio file titled "t7"

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:14 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I have no idea where this audio file came from. It appeared one day on my downloads page, and I guess I haven't noticed it until now.
p361304-0-9a1far8.png

Link to the audio file
It's extremely disturbing and has various yelling noises with weird sounds coming out as some sort of "melody". This seems like something you'd make a creepy-pasta out of. But I have no clue where it came from, nor how it got on.
p361304-1-b8hqmcf.png

My only things I know is that it was created on august 23, or at least, when I received it?
I received? it at 9:21:34, with it being modified at 9:21:36 although I doubt that has relevance.
And my other "lead" is that it's attributed to "A", whatever that means...
p361304-2-ztvtkzu.png

I doubt this is something I made, I have no experience in any sort of music-making talent. But it's just been sitting in my computer for 3 months unnoticed.
Any thoughts you guys?

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
not touching that download link, but i'd check your computer for malware, etc.
but yeah you might as well open it with a hexadecimal editor and see if there are any easter eggs in the hex. it sounds like something from an ARG puzzle, and that's par for the course.
also, check for things you downloaded or installed at that same. might've been bundled with something.
edit: also you totally have me intrigued, you should update this thread if you find shit
another edit: i realized dropbox lets you preview without downloading. it sounds either corrupted or it has the wrong file extension. It sounds like pure tones and waves, not really screams. If I cared more I would map the pitches and wave patterns but that's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:00 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I highly doubt a piece of malware would leave a pointless audio file lying around.
there's a lot of different ways malware goes about its business. the sound file could be a 'disguised' data packet, for example.
no point in not being careful. plus hackers aren't always in it for your personal information. it could be more benign, just leaking esoteric bullshit into your download folder. Or use your not worrying about the perceived tameness of it while it runs a keylogger. whatever. malware isn't very black and white.
again
no point in not being careful
weird shit happening on computers isn't something you should just brush off

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Or it's just a thing you accidentally downloaded or just simply forgot about.
I have enough stuff in my downloads folder where I don't know the purpose of because I just plainly forgot.

Nov 25, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's not a random recording.
It definitely seems to be nothing but an audio file (so it's not a file with a renamed file extension), but it's... "too artificial", to say the least. I ran it through a spectrum analyzer, and it looks like something experimental (or it could be just an elaborate ARG message). The audio is segmented, and the waves look like they were "drawn in" and ran through static.
I still have to find out what could be hidden in lower frequencies, though.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:04 PM
lol
Alright, after listening to your feedback, I checked my downloads page on my computer, thanks to @zxin and got this:
p361322-0-buv2d0m.png
It seemed to be sandwiched between 2 random dates, and that I found it from discord. The only group that holds relation to anything of this is a Godzilla Nes development discord group and the only other discord group I'm in is the cstsf discord, so that only means it had to have come from my Godzilla Nes group.

I came back to my downloads folder only to find these audio files:

Link to the new audio file (titled t8)
Link to the new audio file (titled t9)
(Both have the sound of static, nothing else, but really loud)
I don't know where these files came from, there's nothing on my google downloads that shows this either, these two just appeared.
Is there a way somebody can turn an audio file into a picture? I don't know how to myself but considering it's static I can only presume it's a picture.

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:10 AM
lol
The programmer would have to be incredibly naïve to put it there for that purpose. There are plenty of system directories and and other places a user will never check. I've found malware hidden in deep subfolders or the Windows directory, and there's plenty of other good places for data to be stored too. Other subfolders, registries, pre-existing exes. When you're so spoiled for options, why use such a conspicuous location.
An actual picture? It wouldn't play if it were a picture, the file headers are different. It could be hiding something in a spectrograph however, so maybe I'll look at that later.
Yeah I can see that, maybe it was just a dumb hacker and probably left some files to mess with me or something. But it worries me; where are files t1-t6?
I have also sent t8 and t9 to a friend for inspection, he said he'll run it through a spectrum analzyer, and see if he can find anything. But it's lingering in the air, I'm gonna investigate for t1-t6 a hopefully this is just some stupid prank...

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:08 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I have no idea where this audio file came from. It appeared one day on my downloads page, and I guess I haven't noticed it until now.
p361304-0-9a1far8.png

Link to the audio file
It's extremely disturbing and has various yelling noises with weird sounds coming out as some sort of "melody". This seems like something you'd make a creepy-pasta out of. But I have no clue where it came from, nor how it got on.
p361304-1-b8hqmcf.png

My only things I know is that it was created on august 23, or at least, when I received it?
I received? it at 9:21:34, with it being modified at 9:21:36 although I doubt that has relevance.
p361304-2-ztvtkzu.png

I doubt this is something I made, I have no experience in any sort of music-making talent. But it's just been sitting in my computer for 3 months unnoticed.
Any thoughts you guys?
You need to get in contact with Mutahar Anas lol. All jokes aside, I’ll check that out when I get to my computer, sounds pretty creepy. Maybe you have a real life creepypasta on your hands.

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:28 AM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Just listened to it, and it's a bunch of static-ish noises. I wouldn't think much of it. Just make sure no other audio files show up like this and you should be fine.

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:32 AM
p361304-0-9a1far8.png

Link to the audio file
p361304-1-b8hqmcf.png

p361304-2-ztvtkzu.png

Any thoughts you guys?
Like he said, I wouldn't think much of it, it is a bit creepy if you think about it though. Not to mention it randomly appeared...

Edit: PS I did listen

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:34 AM
lol
Yeah, that's what worries me is the randomness of it, the fact it just appeared out of nowhere, I wouldn't mind if I knew about it. But it just comes out nowhere, and the fact that two random audio files filled with static also rise up out of thin air worries me.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Yeah, that's what worries me is the randomness of it, the fact it just appeared out of nowhere, I wouldn't mind if I knew about it. But it just comes out nowhere, and the fact that two random audio files filled with static also rise up out of thin air worries me.
I thought there was 1?

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:57 AM
lol
Nov 26, 2017 at 3:59 AM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
There was; "t7", afterward, I found t8 and t9 laying around in the same place as mentioned before.
Call your computer haunted and sell it on eBay for $100,000

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:03 PM
lol
Did you try searching for the file in Discord?
I did, nothing has popped up, I'm going to contact the leader and ask him if he has any words on the situation. Currently I have at least located where t8 and t9 came from?
I was looking around every folder I got, searching for anything related when I came across this:
p361335-0-ovofgqu.png

I am almost certain these 2 pictures are related to the t7 thing. Here are the photos if you need further investigation:
t8:
p361335-1-d4yvoq8.png

t9
p361335-2-jk4ag4g.png
I don't understand why or how, but I'm going to wait on the discord leader for further investigation...

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Call your computer haunted and sell it on eBay for $100,000
"haunted laptop that drinks all your pepsi and calls you a bitch"

Anyways, here's my input, maybe it's just someone on your Godzilla NES discord doing an ARG or something? Seems like that would be the perfect group to scheme up something like that. IMO 0:35-0:57 sounds a little bit like distorted SSTV signals? But it's been a while since I played around with those so I don't know for sure.

Last edited: