Credits artwork

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:05 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is there any way you can alter the artwork that is shown during the credits? I can't find them in the data folder so I assume they are tucked away somewhere in the .exe, which is problematic to say the least.

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:16 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For hacking issues like this, just download all tools listed in this thread, you will surely discover their meaning by your own :eek:

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/386/

Use Resource Hacker for this ;) (You can grab it at the thread.)

Mar 12, 2007 at 8:25 PM
Extensive scientific testing, conducted with utmost care, has show that the suggested method, as described above, is sufficient to achieve satisfying results.

diph.php

Thank you. I had in fact missed that specific tool when I visited your thread the first time.

Mar 12, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Thank you. I had in fact missed that specific tool when I visited your thread the first time.

No problem.
Huh? It was there I think... However...

Mar 12, 2007 at 9:42 PM
I meant it in the sense that I had overlooked the tool the first time around and therefore didn't download it.

Mar 12, 2007 at 10:04 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
I meant it in the sense that I had overlooked the tool the first time around and therefore didn't download it.

lol oh sorry :eek:

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Extensive scientific testing, conducted with utmost care, has show that the suggested method, as described above, is sufficient to achieve satisfying results.

diph.php

LOL that looks funny :D

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Oh, right. I forgot about that...
Somehow, when I was messing about with the window/fonts folder I must have done something wrong. I can't remember doing anything special except taking out the Courier New font. But then I must have deleted it by accident because now I can't find it.

I just moved all fonts out of the folder and the original font came back in game. When I moved the fonts back the italic version appeared again. Odd.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm...

Does anyone know if it would be possible to:

- Change the dimensions of the bitmaps to fill the entire screen? (I'm planning on using some for Cutscene-like things)

- Add more bitmaps to be called up with <SIL? (Just in case I get more than the 18... which I doubt.)

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:11 PM
Hoxtilicious
ZTaimat said:
Hmm...

- Change the dimensions of the bitmaps to fill the entire screen? (I'm planning on using some for Cutscene-like things)

- Add more bitmaps to be called up with <SIL? (Just in case I get more than the 18... which I doubt.)

Nope, I dunno. But I looked into it, the first thing seems to be working only with assembly.

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM
ZTaimat said:
Hmm...

I was wondering the exact same thing for the exact same reason. Though mostly because im lazy and think it's more fun to draw and write a bit of narrative text rather than a whole load of dialogue. It would be cool to have a wide screen image to go along with the scrolling text.

Have you tried to simply change the dimensions in Paint? I don't see any reason for it not to work. Unless there is some kind of memory limit or something else I don't know.

Speaking of images; how do get myself an avatar in this place?

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Have you tried to simply change the dimensions in Paint? I don't see any reason for it not to work. Unless there is some kind of memory limit or something else I don't know.

I tried it, read my post before :D

ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Nope, I dunno. But I looked into it, the first thing seems to be working only with assembly.

Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:

Look into your user control pannel. ;)

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
also you have to be activated for atleast a week on the forum from when you joined then the custom avatar thingy will appear :D
i learned that after a few days of getting annoyed
until i searched it up and found out why i couldnt put
it on straight away