Could the normal ending be even worse than the bad

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:24 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
As we all know, in the normal ending the island's core gets destroyed and the island, as well as everything on it, plummets down to the Surface. Now what on the island is potentially dangerous? Most of the bosses Quote faced, sure, but they all went kaboom. In the normal ending, however, there are some bosses that Quote doesn't face...

Ballos being one of them. Also, he can't die if Quote doesn't defeat him.

What was I saying about the island, including everything on it, being brought down to the Surface, where humans live?

The idea of Ballos being anywhere near where humans live... I think the normal ending has just been ruined for me.

EDIT: The thread title was supposed to be "Could the normal ending be even worse than the bad ending?"

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2015 at 5:30 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You forget that the island crashes onto the surface, which means that the whole island crumbles and stuff. I don't think anybody on the island could survive this, including Ballos.
Remember that Ballos is only there because Jenka couldn't kill her own brother, which means he can die.

EDIT:
Also, he can't die if Quote doesn't defeat him.
Who says Ballos can't die unless Quote (Or Curly) kills him? The only other person who was supposed to kill him was Jenka, who couldn't kill him because he is her brother.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2015 at 2:37 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, if it is true that every being on the island dies, I would say the normal ending is worse than the bad ending. The humans may have even been able to defeat the doctor in the bad ending, but in the normal ending, everyone on the island dies... which means multiple species being extinct, and good people dying.

Nov 29, 2015 at 3:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The ending credits imply that there were survivors. However it is vague on the count on the survival of certain characters, or lack thereof. Although it should be noted that the island was falling far too slowly, obviously the force that allows the island to float is still strong enough to slow the descent without the assistance of the core.

However the bad ending turns Mimigas into weapons of war and slaughtered, innumerable surface residents would also perish, while Sue would probably be executed. While Kazuma and Quote will have to live with their cowardice.

In both endings the cycle with the Demon Crown continues. And in the good ending Misery unfortunately dies.

However filling all the prerequisites for saving Curly apart from restoring her memory could theoretically be the only chance to really save her in either ending.

Last edited: