Controller issue on wii

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Every so often when i'm on cave story wii the 1 and the down button don't work, so i can't shoot or walk through doors. It lasts about a day, and it doesn't make a difference if i switch controllers and the conrollers work fine with my other games, so it's a problem with the game itself.

Does anyone else have this problem and , more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Let's see here...

How is the Wii set up? (As in if it's tucked behind a wall or in plain sight)
What objects are between the console and the Wi Remote?
What objects are between the console and remote for other games, and what are they? (You can play a game while standing up, you know)​
How are you holding the controller?
How much power is left in all of the batteries in each Wii Remote?
How far away are you from the Wii console?
... And the distance from you to the Wii for other games.​

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
well, the tv is in the garage (weird, i know) and there really isn't much in there except a sofa and the tv. Never a car. :p
The wii sensor is above the tv, the wii console and all the wire thingymabobbers are underneath the tv next to the dvd player (in plain sight)
the remotes are full because they get charged in a stand at night and i'm usually quite far from the wii because the sofa is at the other end of the room (at least 1 1/2 metres)
the same for all my games, except standing up ones, i stand closer then.
:)

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
Have you tried redownloading? That might help if they released the bug fix to that.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Sorry to derail things momentarily but...

Say Kanpachi, if you are able to solve this issue and go on playing, could you find the answer to this little curiosity of mine I voiced in this other thread?
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3925/

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Feb 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
...but it looks like you didn't play up to the part that needs checking (the Ma Pignon subquest) yet... (and probably were playing Curly Mode, with the new grapihcs?)

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Oh yeah i'm not at ma pignon yet on curly story sorry ;)