CaveSwap

Aug 11, 2021 at 10:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's not out yet, neither is the demo. This is kinda a parody of UnderSwap.
Also (For feedback) I just love the design for Swap Toroko, Like Omfg.

Attachments

• OMFG.png
    OMFG.png
    936 bytes · Views: 5
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:08 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A fan-made alternate universe of an indie game that paved the way for and indie game whose fan-made alternate universe inspired this mod. It all comes full-circle.

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Say that again?

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:38 AM
Based Member
A fan-made alternate universe of an indie game that paved the way for and indie game whose fan-made alternate universe inspired this mod. It all comes full-circle.
(Sorry, I mumbled a bit the first time).

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:45 AM
DEMO IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6a-nqhQ2vIqW9JogIh26YqcxXQ5tGcD/view?usp=sharing EDIT: Shit, I forgot to delete the profile.dat, uh don't press load.
If you have any feedback and or questions please feel welcome to join my discord server: https://discord.gg/SPhN6SyJFR
Wait that's the old one, here have the demo *I promise it's not a rick roll* https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6a-nqhQ2vIqW9JogIh26YqcxXQ5tGcD/view?usp=sharing
Anyone gonna respond?? :p

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 2:09 AM
Based Member
I went ahead and played this, and cracked a smile as I was playing it. It's nothing amazing, but there were a few funny moments. Spoiler alert, for those who haven't played yet but plan on playing.
I liked the King and Toroko swap, that was pretty appropriate and pretty funny. I thought the Jack/Arthur swap was pretty funny. I was also amused by the way that Balrog and Misery didn't exactly swap roles, but seemingly swapped personalities.

I liked the creativity you had with certain changed lines. I was especially waiting to see what Kazuma was going to say instead of "those words on your cap," and chuckled pretty hard when he said "The words on your pants there..."

Some of the music changes confused me a bit. Is it on purpose that "Access" isn't playing at the beginning, when Sue is trying to contact Kazuma? And when it goes to Sue (originall Kazume) in that place the second time, is it on purpose that it plays "Gestation" instead of "Access"? I was taken by surprise when different music started playing in Egg Corridor, but I guess that one was probably on purpose and made a bit more sense.

While this was funny, this wasn't the most polished mod, there were several changes in lines that you forgot to make:
-At the beginning, when Sue is trying to contact Kazuma, you forgot to edit that text, it's just the original text of "Sue! It's me, Kazuma, your brother!" This confused me at first as to what your "algorithm" for swapping was. And then I realized that the entire script for that room was un-edited.
-One thing that was a bit off was that you start off by referring to the Doctor as a "she," but then in the next line, Toroko(?) says "If we don't turn Kazuma over, it might be you he takes instead."
-Also missed a pronoun change with King in the shack: "Toroko gets her ears all in a tangle when he sees Kazuma and I getting along."

Obviously, not everything is easy to do a "swap" with, but I thought it might have been a nice touch if you had swapped the Hermit Gunsmith with some other character, like Ma Pignon, or Chaba, or something else. Maybe you could have also done a swap of Mahin and Kanpachi. Also, since you kind of swapped around not just roles but in some cases appearances as well, it might have made sense to change Curly's appearance as well. Like maybe give Curly some of Quote's features, and vice versa. Just a thought.

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:41 PM
I went ahead and played this, and cracked a smile as I was playing it. It's nothing amazing, but there were a few funny moments. Spoiler alert, for those who haven't played yet but plan on playing.
Thanks, As you probably know, everything you said will be fixed in the 2nd demo, Which I hope goes to grasstown. Third demo, probably will be the last, and I think it should go to the labyrinth, I was planning on switching Mahin And Kanpachi, But Mahin is to big, so instead, I just left them. Let me tell you this, some secondary characters will be untouched, but I will try to swap as many as I can. Also, Spolier, Jenka is gonna be swapped with ballos, so it will be funny to see the final boss.

Fat Mahin

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 5:35 PM
Based Member
Also, Spolier, Jenka is gonna be swapped with ballos, so it will be funny to see the final boss.
That will be pretty funny. That kind of reminds me of Ballos Story.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:09 PM
The mod is finished, I am probably never going to release it any time soon.