Caves : Origins - Questions about Cave Story storyline

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think he meant, "Why didn't she destroy them instead of lock them up? Was she unable to?"
Not, "Why were they locked up?"

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The only question I really have is to the nature of red flowers. As in for what reason arthur has so many, I know he fought red demon, but he has SO much. Secondly, what part of the flower effects the mimiga (maybe oils on the stem?) . Finally why they were locked in the safe house, I know it was for protection but do they grow naturally? how could they be distilled into a crystal?
1. The red flowers are likely the byproduct of a spillover of Ballos' magic.
2. It is doubtful that the Red Demon and the flowers are related.
3. The petals.
4. The events ten years ago may have been tragic, but it's as Jenka said, if the red flowers weren't there then the Mimigas would have been wiped out. This is why those flowers weren't burnt to the ground ten years ago.
5. Yes they grow naturally.
6. Flower extracts aren't exactly new. You just need to condense it to a solid from there to get a red crystal.

Suddenly another theory came up - maybe Cthulu is the creater of Quote and Curly? :p
Cthulthu isn't one person.
And no. Quote and Curly would have been created on the surface. How could they have been sent to the island if they were already on it.

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Thank you

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello again! I hope nobody thought "Well, he abondoned this, as I expected" because it wouldn't be true!

Yes, I made a short break, but now I'm back. I'm going to post, let's call it, "pre-alpha test demo" or something like that. I want to recruit a few alpha testers. Nothing big, I just want to gather people opinion on new features and listen to their ideas.

I still need to do following things :
-main menu, with new game and load game options (kinda done already, gotta do graphics)
-save points in-game
-health recovery points in-game
-few new tiles (interior mostly)
-2 new maps (counting my testing map it's going to be 3, two playable maps with mobs and one for save point and health recovery)
-a few fixes

For more details and a way to contact me visit this page : http://www.indiedb.c...-testers-wanted