Cave Story+ - Wind Fortress Classic?

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I noticed while digging through the files that the Wind Fortress challenge has all the necessary gfx for playing with the retro graphics, yet when the option is selected, it just uses the new ones anyway. I can see why you can't use the original graphics in modes like Curly Story or some of the new challenges, since those use new assets, but what's up with the Wind Fortress? The classic music still plays if that option's selected...

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:10 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You can't use old graphics in any of the challenges, because it's not programmed into the game, but they put the files in there anyway. But you can use any music you like at any time because it's not re-loaded depending on what mode you're using.
Huh, that's...puzzling. Then why leave them in there? I mean, I guess it's another source for modders to pull from.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Some of the developers may not have known that the game wouldn't work with old graphics, or maybe it's because in one of the ports that uses ONLY retro graphics they used those ones and didn't delete them, but either way we have access now.
Alright, cool. Thanks for the insight.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You can play Wind Fortress in the eShop version of CS in the original 1xRes graphics. They are probably left over from that.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I was fully aware of that post before I made mine. You never specified which port, so I felt the need to do so. The eShop version has the only 1xRes port for Wind Fortress, there are no other ports that do this, so I specified that it was the port of likely origin. I was in essence clarifying your post.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Cave story+ on nintendo switch allows you to use classic graphics.