Cave Story: Way of Destruction

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:03 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i want to put some more thing in this first demo but it would take a lot more of time so here is it.
this is a fangame, not a mod cause i coded it on my own. and it a CS prequel about the robot war.
i rushed it out so it still have something incomplete and may have some bug, please report if you found one. the dialog may sound weird cause i not an english native
the control is still the same but have a new one: hold C to throw grenade
now i already have the story written and the level designed for the entire game but i will need help with spriting so if you are interested in, please help me.
the next demo gonna have a new level, a boss fight, new enemies, weapon and the challenge mode.
thank PrinzEugn for the gun sprite
one more thing: i used tower story's background in this, i already asked but he not reply. so if he want me to remove it, i will
download:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?078lulkmtt02xer
screenshot:
1-3.png

2-4.png

3-3.png

4-2.png
EDIT BY DT: Put in a spoiler tag because huge

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:05 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Got dangit son you can't use Nicalis graphics
This is a Category 1 offense!!! :heart:
You can't link this until you fix that.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Been here way too long...
The link doesn't work anyway, but not cool.
By you coded it yourself, do you mean it's a hack or something writ in c++ or whatever?

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:12 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Noxid said:

noxid ur ruinin all da fun

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:15 AM
It's actually a legal obligation, let him do what he wishes.
Anyway, I managed to shoot off a download of this real fast, and as long as you're editing to remove ALL nicalis graphics, you should probably make a DoConfig of sorts, which shouldn't be too too hard. I dunt like playing fullscreen.

I am also sorta sad you didn't hack all this in, but its a good game thus far.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:16 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Noxid said:

can i use the quote sprite?
and i think this is weird, why Nicalis forbidden people using "their graphic" while it was originally did by pixel.now i started to hate them, first they ruin CS music, now this

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Lace said:
It's actually a legal obligation, let him do what he wishes.
Anyway, I managed to shoot off a download of this real fast, and as long as you're editing to remove ALL nicalis graphics, you should probably make a DoConfig of sorts, which shouldn't be too too hard. I dunt like playing fullscreen.

I am also sorta sad you didn't hack all this in, but its a good game thus far.

Gosh, I was just joking :heart:
I know the 2x graphics aren't allowed...

But anyways, it looks pretty awesome, and I can't wait to play when you get the download up.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:19 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Lace is right. You are new here so I assume you have no idea what the deal is, but at the very least you should know I am pretty serious about the no using Nicalis resources rule. Dealing with them has caused me enough stress as it is.

edit: http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/99045/
This, more or less.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:26 AM
Noxid said:
Lace is right. You are new here so I assume you have no idea what the deal is, but at the very least you should know I am pretty serious about the no using Nicalis resources rule. Dealing with them has caused me enough stress as it is.

edit: http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/99045/
This, more or less.

replace the tile would be easy, but what about the character sprite? can i keep quote sprite cause ripping and recolor them take me a lot of time.
and what about i post the link in another place and post a link to it here?

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pointman said:
replace the tile would be easy, but what about the character sprite? can i keep quote sprite cause ripping and recolor them take me a lot of time.
Hrrrr.. it would have to be changed enough that it doesn't look like the Nicalis one. Why not just stick with the low-res graphics, there's nothing wrong with them...
and what about i post the link in another place and post a link to it here?
No amount of indirection is going to change the rules, and I would really appreciate it if you didn't try to bypass them.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:42 AM
is this enough?
re.png

hate Nicalis forever

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:43 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Taking the original character sprites, enlarging them, then modifying them to look better in 2x resolution seems to be the easiest solution for having workable 2x sprites. I would recommend using a similar process for the tileset too.

Anyhow, this seems to look quite promising, but it may encounter similar problems to Noxid's 2x resolution hack with people creating a "port" of the wii version.

EDIT: Ninja'd

You really should just use replace the Nicalis sprites with the originals, until a suitable upgrade can be made.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Those are still their doors.. and I would presume it's also using their enemies and effects.
The MyChar gets a marginal pass because I guess it's like different colors and stuff? I dont' really remember what Wii Quote looked like.

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:42 AM
ok low res ver updated, hope it pass the rule

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:12 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

Prepare for a lawsuit.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Noxid said:
Those are still their doors.. and I would presume it's also using their enemies and effects.
The MyChar gets a marginal pass because I guess it's like different colors and stuff? I dont' really remember what Wii Quote looked like.

dang i cant believe i beat hell but i cant find a quote sprite from cave story wii that fits here oh well a link will do.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=63159

There is you're pic.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM
i have read the Threads about Hacking Cave Story for WiiWare
it said that if people using 2x res, the other may use the code that use to render 2x res graphic to make a pc port of cave story wii
but look at my game, it NOT a mod. it's code completely different from the original game, unless i release the source code, no one could use it to recreate the original game with 2x graphic.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Pointman said:
i have read the Threads about Hacking Cave Story for WiiWare
it said that if people using 2x res, the other may use the code that use to render 2x res graphic to make a pc port of cave story wii
but look at my game, it NOT a mod. it's code completely different from the original game, unless i release the source code, no one could use it to recreate the original game with 2x graphic.

You never know what a talented person with a few programs could do.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Marx said:
You never know what a talented person with a few programs could do.

i can encrypt it :heart:
and if he that talented, he can make an 2x res hack with the original game no problem

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM
But again god knows how many programs or how many people can find ways of getting through it.