Cave Story - Time Warp (CANCELLED)

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I got all the way to sacred grounds, but I haven't finished it yet. Not that it's too hard, the difficulty is quite okay, but because I haven't had the time lately.

A bug I haven't seen mentioned yet is in the fight with Frenzied Toroko. Balrog lands on top of the blocks in the middle of the room instead of in front of Toroko, making the animations that follow seem rather silly.

Never mind, that one has been mentioned. One that I'd like to add though is that when you talk to booster at the bottom of the pit in the Labyrinth, his glasses are broken. If you don't talk to him (which shouldn't magically repair his glasses) he has fully intact glasses when you meet him at Arthur's House.

I also have no idea what to do with the Beast Fang, I can't find who I have to return it to, but my hunch would be the Sky Dragon Kazuma wants to flee on, which is the one of the only NPC's I haven't talked to.

The parts you added on the balcony confuse me. What purpose do they have?

On a final note: Yes, you should make the monsters stronger. But if you do that you'll have to keep the Blood Bats in the Hidden Final Cave the same since there is such a crapton of them. If they are stronger it'll be neigh impossible.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
A bug I haven't seen mentioned yet is in the fight with Frenzied Toroko. Balrog lands on top of the blocks in the middle of the room instead of in front of Toroko, making the animations that follow seem rather silly.
I don't know if it's mentioned, but Balrog does land on the blocks in the middle. I'll fix that glitch. When I was busy with that place, I kinda forgot about Balrog's sprites. But if the animations that following are silly, you could think of it as the real Balrog being invisible, with an illusion on the block.

I got all the way to sacred grounds, but I haven't finished it yet. Not that it's too hard, the difficulty is quite okay, but because I haven't had the time lately.
Well, it may not look hard at the beginning, but it is. If you manage to reach B3, you'll see. The only way is through that path with the many Deleets, if I remember correctly. And if you get unlucky and the statues don't drop any hearts, there's a refill station underneath, near a non-working save point. I'll delete that. And Heavy Press has a large group of Presses nearby, I'll either move them or remove them completely. As for the chest, if it's unobtainable, then that's because of the Deleet nearby; I'll fix it if it's a major problem.

Never mind, that one has been mentioned. One that I'd like to add though is that when you talk to booster at the bottom of the pit in the Labyrinth, his glasses are broken. If you don't talk to him (which shouldn't magically repair his glasses) he has fully intact glasses when you meet him at Arthur's House.
Well, in the original version, Booster has broken glasses in the Labyrinth, but in Arthur's House, he doesn't. Maybe he has another pair, I dunno. Or maybe he was found by the Clinic's people, and they gave him a new pair of glasses.

I also have no idea what to do with the Beast Fang, I can't find who I have to return it to, but my hunch would be the Sky Dragon Kazuma wants to flee on, which is the one of the only NPC's I haven't talked to.
Uh, no, but I haven't yet added that part. The Beast Fang is currently useless, but in a future version, I'll fix it.

The parts you added on the balcony confuse me. What purpose do they have?
The small house near the entrance I placed for no apparent reason, but I'll give it a use someday. As for the extra parts, monsters and experience capsules. There's yet a part I have to change, though, but maybe I'll delete that part.

On a final note: Yes, you should make the monsters stronger. But if you do that you'll have to keep the Blood Bats in the Hidden Final Cave the same since there is such a crapton of them. If they are stronger it'll be neigh impossible.
Well, I'll try, but if I decide to make some bats do zero damage, they'll drop zero XP, so better be prepared for that. If you played my other mod (which is at version 0.2 at the moment), you should be prepared for a big challenge. Drolls having 128 HP, First Cave critters (accidentally) doing 5 damage, and having 15 HP - that will be fixed. When version 0.3 is ready, the Curly boss will be replaced by a possessed girl who has 9600 HP. Luckily the Ice Ball she hands out by accident will be useful. The Ice Ball will be taken back afterwards, though.

Well, thanks for playing the mod, sjasogun1. I will change more of the dialogue too, since at the moment, it's kinda ~boring~ being mostly the same... except when meeting Ballos. There it changes. A lot.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I did play Shane's Cave Story, actually, and enjoyed it. The drolls weren't too hard, I defeated the one in the first map with the level 1 Sword to level it up. The drolls in Grasstown weren't too hard either because the AoE of the Missile Launcher or the Sword or the pierce of the Shock Wave quickly take care of them. I like having stronger monsters because it means you can't just waltz through everywhere.

Also this post was made at 13:37. Hell yeah.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I did play Shane's Cave Story, actually, and enjoyed it. The drolls weren't too hard, I defeated the one in the first map with the level 1 Sword to level it up. The drolls in Grasstown weren't too hard either because the AoE of the Missile Launcher or the Sword or the pierce of the Shock Wave quickly take care of them. I like having stronger monsters because it means you can't just waltz through everywhere.
Well, I'm glad it was easier for you to play than for other members, including me. Maybe I should make Time Warp's Drolls just as tough, if not tougher. Most monsters can be made tougher, but monsters with death events (Gaudi, Mannan, etc) can't have their HP increased :(

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Actually it was made at 7:37am, which is the same as 7:37. Not 13:37.
Shane, I know you're post-banned, but listen up:
Stop making new mods every other day. No one's going to bother playing them since they're never going to be finished.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Actually it was made at 7:37am, which is the same as 7:37. Not 13:37.
Shane, I know you're post-banned, but listen up:
Stop making new mods every other day. No one's going to bother playing them since they're never going to be finished.

I have GMT+1 as timezone, so for me it shows as 13:37 (actually 01:37 PM but w/e)