"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
He sure as hell isn't as stingy as you then =D

There! 10 dots so it makes up 10 characters! <:

May 27, 2008 at 11:02 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
And why do you use a brush tool for facesets ):

Almost forgot to answer this. XD

I didn't use the brush tool, I used the pencil and flood tool. The center of the eyes may appear to be the same size as the large circle brush tool, but that's not the case, it's actually smaller than that, but bigger than the middle one. Also, the one you see in the screenshot is an edit to make him look surprised, here's the neutral facepic for him:

p38585-0-vnyr8o.png

I did my best to make it look like the rest of pixel's work by using similar shading techniques and nearly the same palette... But of course his are so good that any of mine will look bad next to his. :cool:

May 31, 2008 at 8:01 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hate to double post, but I have news, and questions. :)

A demo release is coming VERY soon, it'll be mostly a starting point for the story, to make you want to play MORE, HAHAHA! But there'll be a decent amount of gameplay time in it too, depending on how good you are at cave story. :D

I have two questions, unfortunately the first may spoil one of the mod's big shockers, so I DON'T want to ask publicly, if you know a LOT about Cave Story's storyline, as in have beat it multiple times, you can volunteer and I'll PM you what the question is. It's just something I'd like to confirm before I use it in the storyling so I don't get a bunch of "OMGOSH U CANT DO TAHT CUZ DA GAEM SEZ THAT IT DUZNT HAPEN!1!!!!!1" type comments on the game. :o

The second, is that I'm not sure about the name, I thought of it in a hurry so that I could post the topic, but I think I might like something better. What would be a good name that hints towards the ban ending? Hero's End was the name the song had according to the TSC file, so I thought maybe Cave Story: Hero's End would be an appropriate title. What do you guy's think? :D

May 31, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hero's End is one of the song, make it the title song! =O

May 31, 2008 at 7:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I would, but I've tried replacing music files before, and I can't seem to do it... Is there another way to use a different title screen music, like edit the Head script or something?

Oh, and thanks DoubleThink, I PM'ed you the question. :D

May 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Luls
Absolute Zer0 said:
I would, but I've tried replacing music files before, and I can't seem to do it... Is there another way to use a different title screen music, like edit the Head script or something?

Oh, and thanks DoubleThink, I PM'ed you the question. :D

ResHacker.

Though if you screw up while using it, that's the end of your mod.
I suggest you keep a backup lols.

May 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Metalogz said:
ResHacker.

Though if you screw up while using it, that's the end of your mod.
I suggest you keep a backup lols.

I tried using ResHacker several times, just as the tutorials said, and it didn't work... :D

And yes, I always use backups.

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Justin-chan
When you use ResHacker, you cannot edit your mod with Sue's anymore. I think same deal with CaveEditor.

Jun 1, 2008 at 7:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
DragonBoots said:

I'll run this idea by Internet Stranger and see if he could do something with it...
I think you'd have to rely on people to be honest.

You could modify the endgame scripts to give you the passwords to different password protected zip files containing the other mods... but ultimately this is just inconvenient because people could just open up the script file.

No matter what you do, you're forced to rely on people really not wanting to have the story spoiled. I think the best policy is to wallop people over the head with warnings that your mod contains spoilers and let them make the decision themselves.

That or borrow my mind control ray. But you don't want to do that, do you? No, you don't.

Jun 1, 2008 at 8:43 PM
Respwnt
Internet Stranger said:

You could modify the endgame scripts to give you the passwords to different password protected zip files containing the other mods... but ultimately this is just inconvenient because people could just open up the script file.

No matter what you do, you're forced to rely on people really not wanting to have the story spoiled. I think the best policy is to wallop people over the head with warnings that your mod contains spoilers and let them make the decision themselves.

That or borrow my mind control ray. But you don't want to do that, do you? No, you don't.
What. The. Hell.

I'm guessing this isn't Metalogz because he's a dickhead. not famed for long posts.

Also, this guy seems to have posted in the wrong thread XD

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:05 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Maybe he's referring to how I wanted a question answered, without spoiling my mod's storyline. DoubleThink answered it by the way. :confused:

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Luls
Internet Stranger said:

Right. That's definitely not me cause if I were to say that, you'd see lots of err... uneccesary words lol.

Roonil Wazlib said:
a dickhead.

D,:

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Yes, a demo would be awesome.

However, please don't rush yourself and come out with a bugged-out psuedo-mod that is plagued by critism. Take your time. Evolve your ideas. They'll grow. It takes time.

I'm here for assistance.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:05 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thanks! Sorry this is taking so long, I've been busy this week, but progress IS being made. :p

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Now somebody fix the ding-dang teleprompter!
Oh, and for a name suggestion, how about...

Breaking Point - After The Escape

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:58 AM
Luls
DragonBoots said:
Now somebody fix the ding-dang teleprompter!
Oh, and for a name suggestion, how about...

Breaking Point - After The Escape

THE END - Or is it...?

SURVIVAL - It's only the beginning...