Cave Story The Great Awakening 0.2.5 UPDATE

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello! This is my mod I've been working on for a a bit over a month now. It was a little slow for a while but things are back on track.

Random story:
At the beginning of June, two weeks into my mod I thought about releasing the mod. It seemed like hardly any mods actually get finished around here. I absolutely loved King's Story but it hasn't been worked on in a couple years. Same deal with WTF Story. Definitely the best two mods out there but still unfinished. And another thing I noted was the lack of quality mods. I went through and played every mod on the front page that day in June. The ONLY ones that impressed me were Chocolate Sunday, notaMOD, and Jen's Story. The other ones felt as if they were quickly slapped together. Many didn't even have a story. I wanted to make a mod that was actually a quality mod, and eventually, one that gets finished.

What I used to make mod:
CaveEditor: Used for scripts and sometimes maps.
Boosters Lab: Used when maps needed backgrounds. It kept deleting any scripts I'd worked on in CE so I couldn't use it for everything.
Resource Hacker: Changing music.
Paint: Title screen editing.

About the mod:
This mod is a sequel to the original Cave Story's best ending. The story is NOT finalized at this point but I have an idea running in my head. I promise it will be a very interesting story. I never thought I'd get a mod I'm actually happy with. I really really hope you enjoy it and give me feedback please!

A couple notes:
The opening scene has nothing to do with the story. It's just a placeholder.
There could be glitches and please tell me if you see any. It has been very well tested.

The mod isn't too long I don't think, but not too short either. Hopefully the length is just right at this point. It is quite a bit difficult at the beginning, but you should be able to power through XD Good luck.

Download:
The Great Awakening 0.2.5

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Holy crap
I think I found a mod I actually like
That never happens

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Like this (sans spaces):
[ URL=(urlgoeshere) ](textgoeshere)[ /URL ]

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Thanks Andwhy!

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hmm....I feel like livestreaming the thing, not minding how long the thing might actually be. I might just give my thoughts during the session, then lay them on here. I'll just edit this post when I'm done - join in if you want, Bramblestar. Link's in my signature.

Edit:

Well that was short, glad you were there to witness the whole stream anyway. You already know my thoughts, though, I wonder what Quote and the rest were doing back on the island (we assume it's the island).

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I'm over there now!

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I look forward to playing this when I can concentrate. The first three areas look nice!

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Wow, I like were this is going.
Great Job!

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Thanks guys! A new update is out with a variety of bug fixes, all thanks to JonSpider for finding those. An actual content update is in the works and expect that within a week! Ill post updates daily. Hope you guys continue to stick around and play the new versions!

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
It's finally here! A new ACTUAL update is out with a few new rooms and a boss fight! This isn't as long as future content updates will be, but I didn't have enough time to do more before I go out of town. I hope you all enjoy this! It took way too long XD

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

No professional quality at all and it's because I couldn't get Dark Souls to run but still had homework to avoid.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:04 AM
After a month of no new information, I'm here to inform you all that Great Awakening was NOT cancelled and is still progressing very well. I want the next update to be big, so it'll take me a whole to finish. In the meantime I'd really appreciate some more feedback on the game so I know what I'm doing right and what's not working out so great. Please give the mod a try! Thanks!

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'll play your mod when you add outrageous difficulty.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM
If you like outrageous difficulty I'm sure you'll like my mod :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's fucking nintendo hard man

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:33 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Bramblestar1227 said:
After a month of no new information, I'm here to inform you all that Great Awakening was NOT cancelled and is still progressing very well. I want the next update to be big, so it'll take me a whole to finish. In the meantime I'd really appreciate some more feedback on the game so I know what I'm doing right and what's not working out so great. Please give the mod a try! Thanks!
I literally can't tell you more.

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I literally can't tell you more.
Okay I seriously just realized your video had sound. *facepalm* Anyway I agree with a lot of things you said. In the new update the red screen is fixed, the title isn't overly colorful, I rewrote the opening so it made more sense, the Rest Area lift was revamped in 0.2.5 already, Balrog only has to be talked to once, and the ... parts are way shorter. And this mod really wasn't planned out beforehand. You're right. I plan as I go. As I go along I get a lot better so rooms now are much more cohesive and advanced than the older rooms. As for the hole in the top of the jail, I put that there to do something with later, perhaps similar to the Reservoir. Thank you very much for taking the time to review my mod, and I hope you continue playing the new updates when they're released!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 21
Today while writing the games story out I decided I didn't like the name the mod currently has. I decided to change the name to Cave Story Revival. The current version is still called The Great Awakening. The new update will reflect the change, and I would expect that with the next two weeks.

EDIT: Just gonna think the name change over for a bit before doing it!