Cave Story Speed Play Mod

May 8, 2009 at 7:09 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Okay, what I came up is something fun. I bet it's already happened but I went and did it anyway. I added a few extra things in the beginning. Instead of Speed playing through waves of bosses each 'level' I thought to my self I'd rather see how fast I can beat the game. In the beggining after Kazuma's message. A message will prompt saying "Quote's Internal Clock as started..." We all know he's an android, so it fits the picture. Techinicly after that you can play the whole game without no problem. SAVES work and actually stop the time when you want to reload. BUT only if you keep the client up or minimized to come back. Otherwise the time will be reshifted to 0 and not legit time to say "oh hey, i got this time' so I'm suggesting my self to delete all saves to make it all challenging. I thought it'd be cool to see a tournament, no prizes involved but something fun. Perhaps even competitive.

When playing, I suggest not even saving, or quitting the game, the clock will dissapear out of your inventory and the event will shut down in-game and it will be just normal playing :D

If anybody wants me to delete all the chatting to make it more faster, I can do that, just tell me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/91r2fc

May 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
dont bother, The nikimaru counter can only count so much before it resets or stops i think

May 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I think ZT already made one of these, only without saves. And yeah, the clock stops after 59'59"9 or whatever, but it also stops when scenes etc are happening, so it's probably possible to get in at just under an hour for pure gameplay with saves. But I don't think more than a couple of people would be able to do it, so it wouldn't be much of a contest >_>

May 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
If it was possible to increase the speed the game runs at without affecting the counter... that would be quite a speed run. Ahahaha. I crack myself up.

Seriously though. If you could increase the game-speed and remove the text it could be good.

Edit: Not to say it isn't good now of course. Just with the counters limitations...

May 9, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
What?

Rairai51 said:
.... he's an android, ...

Wouldn't that mean he's got both Organic and Mechanical components?

Pretty sure Quote's fully mechanical, so don't mix terms and confuse people D=

And don't we have enough speed runs as it is..?

May 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah, theres about 4 of them. haha

May 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

Ralren said:
Yeah, theres about 4 of them. haha
Are you sure only four? I thought we had dozens...
Anyways, we could use more Story-based ones then just more speed-runs...

May 9, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Assistance
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Are you sure only four? I thought we had dozens...
Anyways, we could use more Story-based ones then just more speed-runs...

I cant keep track, so I had to guess 4.
And yes, more bigger mods, speaking of which, im currently
working on mine. Lol.

First, there was Boss Rush, then a re-make of that, then
a another boss rush, then a speed run, and then another...

Screw it. Too many.

May 9, 2009 at 1:43 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
There are actually quite a few story based mods around, and speed-type ones are getting less and less frequent; this is the first one for several months I think. W/e, there's nothing wrong with having more of them.

May 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM
Assistance
DoubleThink said:
There are actually quite a few story based mods around, and speed-type ones are getting less and less frequent; this is the first one for several months I think. W/e, there's nothing wrong with having more of them.

Yeah, why should I care anyways.
Im just saying that it could be more interesting to have
more bigger mods contributed.

May 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Yeap

Ralren said:
I cant keep track, so I had to guess 4.
And yes, more bigger mods, speaking of which, im currently
working on mine. Lol.

First, there was Boss Rush, then a re-make of that, then
a another boss rush, then a speed run, and then another...

Screw it. Too many.
Speaking of Story-based ones....
I think I'll have the basis of the first part of mine done soon, and then I'll just have several rigorous test runs to get rid of any and all bugs before the first release...
Anyways, I think people will love the near-ending part, but I've gotta keep it a secret for maximum surprise and enjoyment =D

DoubleThink said:
Although there's nothing really wrong with having more speed-runs, I just thought we should encourage more story-based mods =D

May 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Ralren said:
Yeah, why should I care anyways.
Im just saying that it could be more interesting to have
more bigger mods contributed.

My mod's a pretty big mod, and story based too (although I normally take care of gameplay before approaching the story elements in mine).

Also if you don't know, my mod's WTF story, which can be accessed via link in my sig, or you can find it in the mods section.

May 9, 2009 at 2:08 AM
Assistance
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
My mod's a pretty big mod, and story based too (although I normally take care of gameplay before approaching the story elements in mine).

Also if you don't know, my mod's WTF story, which can be accessed via link in my sig, or you can find it in the mods section.

Ah, your the one who made WTF Story?
I loved that mod, I died like every single millisecond in it. Lol

The Tetris part was the best, IMO

May 9, 2009 at 2:16 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Would it possible to to the nikimaru counter to save what time it's at when you get to a certain point, and then store that somewhere and reset itself? Then at the end it gives you your times for areas and you can add them together?

May 9, 2009 at 2:19 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Some assembly is required

Zephryl said:
Would it possible to to the nikimaru counter to save what time it's at when you get to a certain point, and then store that somewhere and reset itself? Then at the end it gives you your times for areas and you can add them together?
I'm pretty sure that would require some Assembly..