Cave Story Remix Project 2

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
We could also add in a "Links" section somewhere that has the link to our forum thread, the original CSRP website, or any other websites we think would be fitting for whatever reason.
We could stuff that in the Footer (aka the small <td></td> section.

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
Schokobecher said:
We could stuff that in the Footer (aka the small <td></td> section.

That sounds good.

There is another thing I was thinking about: We should probably state somewhere on the site that this project isn't connected to the first CSRP. Meaning, it's made by entirely different people. Just in case.:p

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Vanished.
I dunno what happend but the Tabs are fucked up. and so is the upper right corner
The gtr.png is misplaced <.<

€: Looks like this only affects my Firefox...
I hate this stuff <.<

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Somebody removed the <meta>s I put in the <head>. They took me all of like 5 minutes. Somebody like Lace/Schoko should add some <meta>s to give the site more Google-juice.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM
graters gonna grate
Track Name: Fallen Hero
Remix Artist: Wedge of Cheese
Remixed in this Song: Game Over, Cemetery, Hero's End, Pulse, Quiet (Medley, in order)
Progress: Complete
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ion9tkphf8z3xyb (Mediafire - WMA)

I've also recorded the improved piano parts for the ginormous two-piano medley. Once I find someone to sing, I'll record that too, otherwise I'll just sing myself.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wedge of Cheese said:
Track Name: Fallen Hero
Remix Artist: Wedge of Cheese
Remixed in this Song: Game Over, Cemetery, Hero's End, Pulse, Quiet (Medley, in order)
Progress: Complete
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ion9tkphf8z3xyb (Mediafire - WMA)

I've also recorded the improved piano parts for the ginormous two-piano medley. Once I find someone to sing, I'll record that too, otherwise I'll just sing myself.

Why on earth would you ever save anything as a WMA? (you have a tendency to do this). MP3's are the standard these days, so it kind-of inconveniences people.

If you can't save in anything other than WMA's then let me help you out: Switch

The Medley itself kind of suffers from one of the issues I had with your last remix, which was that it was too quiet at parts/too quiet in general. Other than that it was fine.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM
graters gonna grate
Eh, on my old computer, it would only let me save as WAV or WMA because I didn't have the MP3 plugin. Idk if my new one is the same way (I've just been doing WMAs out of habit). Anyway, I'm assuming that the tracks will be converted when they are actually uploaded to the site, so they can all be done at once (IIRC, mine aren't the only ones that aren't in MP3).

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM
"Huzzah!"
I just added your new song to the list Wedge.
DANG! We should make an album JUST for Wedge's songs, lol!

Anyway, Lace and I have pretty much figured out the website design. So it's all good.

And, if anyone remembers me saying I was going to make a White remix, well I ended up getting sucked into an MMORPG because a friend wanted me to play it, so I don't see that remix happening anymore. :p

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
FrozenFire said:
I just added your new song to the list Wedge.
DANG! We should make an album JUST for Wedge's songs, lol!

Anyway, Lace and I have pretty much figured out the website design. So it's all good.

And, if anyone remembers me saying I was going to make a White remix, well I ended up getting sucked into an MMORPG because a friend wanted me to play it, so I don't see that remix happening anymore. :p

I'm still working on my white remix, for those who are interested. I'm about 33% done (1 min long so far).

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Just thought I would show off my latest remix. Though its a song i'm sure has been used to death already so ill just link it and not enter it into this. >.>

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/379744

Still requesting that my Eye's of flame song be removed if it hasn't been already.

Regards
KuroKun

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:27 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'd like to enter a remix of "Balcony." I have a wip that I can change up later, available currently here. I'll upload it to soundcloud later.

First time poster, by the way. Been lurking for awhile though!

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:31 AM
"Huzzah!"
KuroKun said:
Just thought I would show off my latest remix. Though its a song i'm sure has been used to death already so ill just link it and not enter it into this. >.>

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/379744

Still requesting that my Eye's of flame song be removed if it hasn't been already.

Regards
KuroKun

Song's not bad, and yes, I removed the Eye's of Flame track a while ago, but it did take me forever to get around to it, lol.

I'd like to enter a remix of "Balcony." I have a wip that I can change up later, available currently here. I'll upload it to soundcloud later.

First time poster, by the way. Been lurking for awhile though!

First of all, welcome!

Pretty straightforward remix. Nice easy listen. Not bad work at all. Make sure you check out the complete track list on page 34 of this thread. You'll also find information on how to submit your song on there, so you can use that in order to give me all the information I need to add your song to the list.

We've also started building a website: http://csrp2.org/index.html
It's still in the works though.

LOL, lots of Balcony remixes. ... :/

If JetHawk95 ever gets on again, we'll have to see what he wants to do with all the songs. Are we going to keep all of them? Should we have an "extra's" CD? Maybe we should just space out the remixes so people won't hear the same thing over and over again.
I mean, they are all different interpretations of the song, but they are still pretty similar.
What do you guys think?

Anyway, the due date is coming up FAST! Let's get things moving. I would help with the site but I just don't know how to code it, and that kinda messes up my ability to help design as well. We really should get that up and running though.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM
FrozenFire said:
Song's not bad, and yes, I removed the Eye's of Flame track a while ago, but it did take me forever to get around to it, lol.

Ah ok, wasn't sure if you saw since it seemed like you got on every other page.

FrozenFire said:

If JetHawk95 ever gets on again, we'll have to see what he wants to do with all the songs. Are we going to keep all of them? Should we have an "extra's" CD? Maybe we should just space out the remixes so people won't hear the same thing over and over again.
I mean, they are all different interpretations of the song, but they are still pretty similar.
What do you guys think?.

hmm. I think we should use a few of the best versions of each then have extra's like you said. Though It might be alot of extras mattering on how many copys of each song we allow.

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Been here way too long...
But then we won't have any kuro songs, will we?
=(

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
FrozenFire said:

Sorry, I didn't know where the track listing was at first :x I will go through proper submission steps.

Edit: On second thought, there are plenty of Balcony remixes already haha. Maybe if a bonus release happens after the fact? Anyways, good luck putting this together, this is very promising.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:53 PM
Lace said:
But then we won't have any kuro songs, will we?
=(

I still have boss runner on here.

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Creating A Legacy...
yeah we need a bonus CD, we need to discuss which remix's should go on, we need an IRC Meeting or something

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM
graters gonna grate
I made some changes to the people section of the website. I fixed some grammar/spelling/punctuation errors and tweaked the wording in the blurbs. I added some biographical information for myself. I also made my blurb and Lace's blurb conform to the precedent that JetHawk's blurb set, where the first time you mention yourself, you say Forum Name (Real Name) and all subsequent times use your real name. I don't know Rtnario's real name, so I didn't do it to his, and JetHawk didn't really give me anything to work with for Schoko, and I was too lazy to write it myself from scratch, so his is still gibberish (if all else fails, we'll just say it's German :)). We also need blurbs for GIRaka and FrozenFire at the very least, and ideally for all the remixers. Everyone besides me and JetHawk still needs to write their own blurb (if you're unsure what to write, look at ours as a guide for how much to write and what to include). Even if you don't have access to edit the website yourself, just post your blurb in this thread and I'll copypasta it onto the site.

EDIT:
Code:
<meta name="description" content="Cave Story Remix Project 2 - The soundtrack of Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story) remixed by members of the Cave Story Tribute Site community" />

<meta name="keywords" content="cave story, remix project, cave, story, remix, music, doukutsu monogatari, pixel, game" />

^^ Go ahead and modify these if you can think of more relevant keywords or a better description but DO NOT DELETE THEM. They help the site get more Google juice. Speaking of which, Googling "cave story remix project" puts csrp2.org on the 2nd page of results. The <meta> code I posted above is copypastad to all 3 pages, so if you change one, change all of them.

I also made the name next to each blurb link to the corresponding user profile on the forums. I added my email address to my blurb. I suggest others do the same if you want to. Again if you don't have access to edit the site, just post it here and I'll put it on the site. Also I just realized rtnario is lowercase *fixed*.

We need links on the site. I'm wondering if we should have a fourth, separate tab for links, or just have it at the bottom of the main page. I'm leaning toward the latter, but what does everyone else think? Links that we need:
  • The original Cave Story Remix Project
  • Cave Story Tribute Site
  • Pixel's website
  • Cave Story Wii site (cavestory.com)
  • This thread
Anything else?

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Creating A Legacy...
The links sound good, Maybe add remix project 2 into the meta tags, or ill just do that XD.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Vanished.
I'm sorry for not being active.
I was moving and didn't expect it to take that long :chin:
Anyways, I'm back now.