Cave Story Reimagined (one-man album)

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, you heard right. At least a dozen tracks are being remade from Cave Story with the most random thought explaining the feel behind it. A song can be a simple orchestration to a song that seems fresh from my blender of doom.

What do I mean? Here's a small sample of Access Void. (okay, that's the actual track)

JetHawk may remember me, and I'll tell everyone here that I became far better than what I was able to do back in March.

Release date is not set, to be honest, it may show up at the most random time. Like a bar of soap.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:34 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This song progressed completely backwards in my mind. At first I couldn't even tell I was listening to an Access remix, but then as it went on it slowly became more familiar. What I really recommend you do with this track is that you basically make it backwards: start the listener out with the familiar parts (the parts that sound like the original song), and then ease the listener into the new remixed parts. I think the song would be a lot better if you did that.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This song progressed completely backwards in my mind. At first I couldn't even tell I was listening to an Access remix, but then as it went on it slowly became more familiar. What I really recommend you do with this track is that you basically make it backwards: start the listener out with the familiar parts (the parts that sound like the original song), and then ease the listener into the new remixed parts. I think the song would be a lot better if you did that.

That's easy to do. Very easy.

I use FL Studio to make my music, so... patterns really help.:confused:

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
A very good start, my only complaint is that it gets repetitious pretty quickly.

Edit: Also, what Gir said. Now that I think of it, the song would sound better that way.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
First half reminded me of this

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Cave Story said:
A very good start, my only complaint is that it gets repetitious pretty quickly.

Edit: Also, what Gir said. Now that I think of it, the song would sound better that way.

I'm actually really happy that GIR went and read this. Made me happy.

Well, I got a decent pair of headphones and it's going to be much simpler to hear the music from my perspective. Sadly, some are tracks I wouldn't release, but I don't mind.