Cave Story: Project AoD

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is my new CS mod. No demo yet, just screenshots (most of which are of the planned last level).

The current storyline goes like this:
The unnamed-as-of-yet main character is lost in a cave and stumbles upon an ancient shrine, where a "legendary weapon" is held. (Polar Star, but actually is the Spur and Machine Gun as well in different "modes" which are awakened as you go.) The floor just happens to drop out from under him as he grabs the weapon. After navigating to the exit, he finds himself... inside a small stone structure, which he blows a doorhole into. Ends up in Silvertown, where there's a giant network of floating platforms, etc. Now for the unfinished part: blah blah strange happenings blah blah investigation blah blah boss fight blah meeting second character. After the second boss fight, you meet the main villain, Samrae'Azarael, A.K.A. Samael, whose second-form sprite sheet is in the screenshots directory. Turns out that he's trying to destroy the world and recreate it in his own image, using the island as a base of operations. I'm not going to reveal who he really is, because that would be a MAJOR spoiler, but you might be able to figure it out from how he looks. Anyway, you try to rush into a battle with him, but he pretty much flicks you away like nothing. And that's how far I've written it.

Screenshots: http://keoro.dyndns.org/gamess/csmod/

Mar 21, 2007 at 9:27 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
looks good....
why so much health?
and .......have you made much maps?

Mar 21, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The health is just my debug save. Debug teleport room, 512 health, booster2.0, six weapons.
Maps currently done: Shrine, part of silvertown, about half of Samael's palace, the throne room for first form and the transformation it undergoes for the second form. I have a ton of other stuff planned, though.

Not Vista, Windows XP SP2 with uxtheme.dll hack and Element Royale style.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:59 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Looks nice, I hope more nice sprites to come ;)