Cave Story on the Wii U?

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Cave story has been getting lots of Remakes for other Consoles like the Wii, DSi, PC/SteamOS & 3Ds.. But is it Coming to the Wii U? I know it's a pointless question but I'm interested in your opinions on if it is or not

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It's a Nintendo platform, so there's that, but it hasn't been selling well. Would it be worth it for NICALiS to put the game on a system like that? They may be able to pull off something neat with the Gamepad, but I think everybody who wants to play it has better alternatives.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Tpcool said:
It's a Nintendo platform, so there's that, but it hasn't been selling well. Would it be worth it for NICALiS to put the game on a system like that? They may be able to pull off something neat with the Gamepad, but I think everybody who wants to play it has better alternatives.
In my opinion if it was being sold on the Wii U it could get lots more people to buy it if they are fans of cave story but hey what do I know? It's just what I think might happen

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Tpcool said:
They may be able to pull off something neat with the Gamepad,
And by that do you mean putting the map on the gamepad?

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
And by that do you mean putting the map on the gamepad?
That's one option. There are plenty of possibilities, though. Naturally, you could have the entire game play on the Gamepad, or have it used for item management. I'm sure there would be even more ways to use it, but the ones I just listed seem the most practical and common.

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Balrog1337 said:
In my opinion if it was being sold on the Wii U it could get lots more people to buy it if they are fans of cave story but hey what do I know? It's just what I think might happen
if they where to put it on the wii u, it would probably be cave story 3D. And we all know how that turned out

the models are crap, but a a lot of people not familier with cave story liked the gameplay.
It had a lot of glitches and problem,but if they where to release it on another console they may fix those.
I don't know how likely that is though.

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Goerge Bobicles said:
if they where to put it on the wii u, it would probably be cave story 3D. And we all know how that turned out

the models are crap, but a a lot of people not familier with cave story liked the gameplay.
It had a lot of glitches and problem,but if they where to release it on another console they may fix those.
I don't know how likely that is though.
I don't see NICALiS making it a retail game. It would make much more sense (in my eyes) to release it digitally again through the Wii U eShop.

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Tpcool said:
I don't see NICALiS making it a retail game. It would make much more sense (in my eyes) to release it digitally again through the Wii U eShop.
good point...

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:52 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Balrog1337 said:
Considering Cave Story is not only free but also on so many other platforms, there's no way that'll help.

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
If Cave story gets anymore popular, it'll just mean more forum members to deal with

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wild Desu said:
If Cave story gets anymore popular, it'll just mean more forum members to deal with
You have a Point there

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That'd be really cool. I'd love to see more ports of it, because I don't think there are enough at the moment I've only got it only my PC, wii, ds and 3ds.
But yeah, it would be even better if there were those really awesome 3D models they used in the 3DS port.
Who knows? Maybe there could be a cave story spin off game like a first person shooter or something like that?

That was a joke.

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:25 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
you can already play cave story on your wii u

just boot up wii mode and get the wiiware version

at least thats what i did

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
recolorme said:
you can already play cave story on your wii u

just boot up wii mode and get the wiiware version
But I meant it as in some sort of newer remake for it, kind of like 3D but with better Models, tiles and less Glitches and yet another series of remixes for the songs

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM
i highly doubt it since nicalis already ported cave story to basically everything. since its already on wiiware and wii u supports wii mode, then i think thats the way to go.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
recolorme said:
i highly doubt it since nicalis already ported cave story to basically everything. since its already on wiiware and wii u supports wii mode, then i think thats the way to go.
Well anything is possible but I agree with you at this point.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
recolorme said:
Yeah, Nicalis won't port it at the risk that no one would buy it. (Too many remakes = new people getting tired of it :eek: ---- That wouldn't be good.)

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Is there any point? I mean.. can't the Wii U play Wii games anyway?

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
This is sort of related, so I thought I'd bring this up here.

This does give us a chance to discuss the Gamepad again, something that I do think has a lot of potential. If Tyrone believes that the Gamepad is a waste of time, does this maybe give Cave Story a smaller chance of being ported again? (Not that I'm complaining either way.) Does Pixel have any strong thoughts about the Gamepad? I'm still curious about brainstorming ideas with what one can do with the Gamepad in Cave Story.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:35 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm guessing either Tyrone wants the game to be seen on one screen only or he doesn't want to make a port similar to the handheld ports for a home console.