Cave Story on Powerbook G4

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I game mostly on my PC but I want to start playing more games on my old laptop, so naturally the first thing I did was go for Cave Story. I downloaded the Mac Universal version and the Universal Patch but when I tried to apply the patch following the read-me instructions it didn't work. I tried the same thing with the PowerPC versions but the patch there didn't work either. I am currently playing in japanese but I would rather it be in english. My laptop runs OSx 10.4 I think. Is there anything I might be doing wrong or could do to fix the situation?

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Maybe you can try to uninstall first, then re-install. It might help sometimes :)

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Did you use the right patch?
I would use the Universal one if I were you, I'm fairly certain the G4s are Intel instead of PowerPC.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've un-installed and re-installed many times and used both kinds of patches with their respective Mac versions.