Cave Story Mods

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Okay, so I've played through Cave Story a couple of times, and heard about mods. I'm trying to make one myself to put on here, but it's still a work in progress. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Cave Story Mod that's not: Jenka's Nightmare, Death Story, or Enemy Rush( already have those). Also, if it's only a level or two, mention that as well. Try to include the length of it and whether or not it's "dead." Thanks.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get Schism (Sleeping) and Original Sin (Dead)
And every other mod on the forums.

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The Crowned Witch -> SP's very own mod, good length so far, hasn't been updated for a while though.
Eternal Chaos -> ZT's big chapter-based mod, dunno if it's still available on the forums, but he gives links in the (dead) chatroom.
Corridor/Corridor2/Heaven's Tower -> Speed-/perfection-play style mods, the former two are HARD and by Softmints, latter is by ZT. Mostly finished I think.
Julian's King -> Softmint's mod. Is hard. Pretty dead, but he showed up a while ago and said he might work on it IIRC.
Legacy Story -> Nator's hyped but abandoned mod. Short, only a coupla levels.
Magic~ -> Metalogz' surprise mod, has some good content, maybe abandoned?
SeriousFace's Hard Mod -> A working over of the original CS, complete I think, in the "Want to play my edited game?" thread. Very oldschool forum mod.
The Wrath of Rafflewashery -> Wedge of Cheese's mod, new but pretty big. Features new music :rolleyes:
The Zealous Caves -> Don't remember much about this one, think it's a re-doing of Cave Story with a different character, but from what I remember it's pretty good. Short, possibly abandoned.

There are just some, don't get mad I me if I didn't mention any specific ones not already mentioned, it's late and I was looking for ones with some content >_>

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Magic~ -> Metalogz' surprise mod, has some good content, maybe abandoned?
It is abandoned. :/

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:12 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can't seem to find a download for either The Wrath of Rafflewashery or Eternal Chaos. If anyone could upload them that would be cool....

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 5, 2008 at 4:54 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Hoo boy, never though that'd come back to bite me >_>
The EC thread is locked, and is on the farthest page of the Mods section, because of a spambot that messed stuff up a while ago, and for some reason still carries the last post date even though all posts were deleted. Dunno if it the mod is still available from there or not.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:06 AM
Respwnt
Schism by Xaser => Best mod ever. Great story, awesome gameplay, epic humour. Xaser should really finish this.

Magic by Metalogz => My second-favourite. Pity Metalogz is such a lazy bum.

WTF-story by [insert huge username here] => In progress and pretty cool. The best thing is that [username] isn't one to leave his projects go unfinished.

The Eternal Chaos by Zarro-Tsukei => Old mod that Zarro abandoned halfway. I liked this a lot more than his re-design, Eternal Chaos.

Eternal Chaos by Zarro-Tsukei => This one was cool for the first few chapters, but it soon got boring. Me wants moar story.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:37 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
DoubleThink said:
The EC thread is locked, and is on the farthest page of the Mods section, because of a spambot that messed stuff up a while ago, and for some reason still carries the last post date even though all posts were deleted. Dunno if it the mod is still available from there or not.
The link was removed from that thread... However, I did manage to favorite the last known link to CS:TEC (Newer version, Chapter 6.2), but I'm going to respect ZarroTsu's wishes & leave it down (I highly doubt that he has changed his mind since whatever happened in my abscence at that time, though...) It seems as though every mod by him with the word "Eternal" in the title never seems to get finished, surprisingly enough... The former Eternal Chaos & Eternal Nightmare were also such cases. Could this be similar to the Madden Curse?

As for the spambot, I made sure that Dimenofff (& its alter ego Dimanoff) would never rear its ugly head around here again (Actually, the Admins & Mods here did that by banning it, but I'll go ahead & try to continue with the story despite that fact...)! Hours after the "Insult" it left me, I went & PM'd it some "retaliation" on a different forum that it had targeted around that time.

Dimenofff was never seen again... Want to retry? Yes/-->No

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
Eternal Chaos -> ZT's big chapter-based mod, dunno if it's still available on the forums, but he gives links in the (dead) chatroom.
Wow! Cool.

What chapter is it up to?

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
Wow! Cool.

What chapter is it up to?
I dunno, 8 I think? I haven't been in there much lately and I never bothered to update my version. Think I was too busy with uni work at that time :D
Will check, but no promises, lest I incur the wrath of the Split Personality Dragon Echidna Chaos Panda >_>

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:29 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Pity Metalogz is such a lazy bum.

/hate

I just came back from holiday lol. (I'm working on another mod -_-)

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Eternal Chaos 8.1

I take no responsibility or notice in any problems you find with the game, as it is long since abandoned. If something doesn't seem to work, too bad.

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Justin-chan
That's what you told me a year ago and still no screenie. >_>;
He abandoned that one and started on another.

i have the demo for that one :eek:

pity i can't share it

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
ZarroTsu said:
Eternal Chaos 8.1

I take no responsibility or notice in any problems you find with the game, as it is long since abandoned. If something doesn't seem to work, too bad.
Cool. Thanks!

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ZarroTsu said:
Eternal Chaos 8.1

D'aww, and it seems pretty awesome so far(storyline and the mechanics you put in).