Cave Story Mod's Tribute

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Ok so the point of this is I am working on a Video tribute to Cave Story Mods, IF you would like your mod to be entered into this video then post video footage of you playing it, I would appreciate if you made several clips from different parts of your mod, Thank you :D

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sorry if this is an incredibly noob question, but how exactly does one go about recording video footage from one's computer screen?

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Wedge of Cheese said:
Sorry if this is an incredibly noob question, but how exactly does one go about recording video footage from one's computer screen?

Do a Google search for "hypercam".
Or if you're like me: "hypercam cracked torrent".

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Or you could be like me and use camstudio which doesn't have the water mark (and doesn't involve paying money/pirating either).

I don't know if you can record sound with it though, I normally use Audacity to record it seperately.

Also Jethawk, if/when I make footage, do you want me to include audio? And if so should the audio include both ingame-music and soundeffects, or just soundeffects?

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM
graters gonna grate
Hypercam 2 doesn't involve paying money/pirating either, only Hypercam 3 lol.

And about the audio, I'll wait to see what Jethawk says, but I think it would be cool if everyone recorded just sound effects and then, instead of having the music switch suddenly between different songs (which would sound awkward) have somebody do a sort of medley type thing which connects the movie clips naturally with music from each mod. I'd be willing to do that, but if anyone else (you or Jethawk or anyone who's interested) would rather volunteer, I'd be more than happy to relinquish that job since I'm already rather busy. Or it might be that Jethawk has some other plan for the audio in which case ignore this.

Also, how does one make CS only play sound effects and not music? A really simple assembly hack, I'm guessing?

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:48 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
Hypercam 2 doesn't involve paying money/pirating either, only Hypercam 3 lol.

And about the audio, I'll wait to see what Jethawk says, but I think it would be cool if everyone recorded just sound effects and then, instead of having the music switch suddenly between different songs (which would sound awkward) have somebody do a sort of medley type thing which connects the movie clips naturally with music from each mod. I'd be willing to do that, but if anyone else (you or Jethawk or anyone who's interested) would rather volunteer, I'd be more than happy to relinquish that job since I'm already rather busy. Or it might be that Jethawk has some other plan for the audio in which case ignore this.

Also, how does one make CS only play sound effects and not music? A really simple assembly hack, I'm guessing?

Normally what I do is I just give myself a debug item called "OFF" that runs a script event that does <CMU0000, and then I play and record.

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I have no idea what the editing backgrounds of you guys are, but if you need someone to edit the video, I'd probably be the one to turn to. (Use Sony Vegas 8.0 and know how to O.o)

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:45 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I don't know if you can record sound with it though,

I can record sound just fine. If I remember correctly, you have to set the recording microphone to your sound card. ...Or something.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM
graters gonna grate
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Normally what I do is I just give myself a debug item called "OFF" that runs a script event that does <CMU0000, and then I play and record.

Huh? "Debug event"? You lost me there... :D

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
its the same as a real event but he takes it out of the actual game before releasing it :0

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
Huh? "Debug event"? You lost me there... :D

Debug item. It's like any regular item, except the TSC script it triggers just does "<CMU0000". I didn't even take it out of the game, you can savehack if you want to use it.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:13 AM
graters gonna grate
Oh, he meant like an inventory item in CS. Yeah that's actually pretty obvious now that I think about it, I should have been able think of that... At first I thought he was referring to some weird obscure feature of OllyDebug.

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:25 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So, for the video clips (each mod would have multiple clips from different areas within said mod), should each one be about 30 seconds or so? Longer? Shorter?

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:33 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Right no sound needed im making like a music video tribute, and just say if you want your mod including, ill just record the clips if you want?

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:40 AM
graters gonna grate
Jul 21, 2010 at 3:43 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
JetHawk needs to work on his mods first. (notice i said modS. SSSSSSSSS.)

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:52 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Yeah

Finish Sonic Story 1
Continue on Sonic Story 2xres
Carry on with Veteran Story
Start work on Souldier mod with Ho-Snap!

Lol I do a lot of work

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:57 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Ndees to feenish taht bferoe sartt new.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:54 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I was wondering if you could include some clips of the Witching Hour. If you're too busy with other things though, I can definitely record those clips myself, if that's more convenient.

Of course, if you prefer to record all the mods by yourself, then that's fine too.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:14 AM
Creating A Legacy...
If you made the clips it would be a lt easier for me :p