Cave Story is just a hallucination

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2022 at 2:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Don't know how this theory would work, but I had a dream where Game Theory said this. If anyone knows how this would work tell me.

May 16, 2022 at 8:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
the events of cave story are all quote's hallucination after his abusive dad puts him in a coma, that's why all the fathers/father figures in cave story either die (king, ballos) or are absent from their families for no good reason (mr little), the red flowers represent his father's alcholism and i can't keep writing this i'm sorry i'm cringing too hard

May 16, 2022 at 2:21 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Kazuma became a little loopy after days in isolation and being forced to eat nothin but cockroaches. A race of bipedal rabbit creatures? Sentient androids? Mages and sorcerers? Hell?! The Gaudi are most likely a manifestation of his resentment to the only sustenance available to him, and he clearly he has this hatred for this one colleague, imaging him as some sort of great evil bent on ruling over mankind. That computer he had access to is probably fueling these insane, possibly demented hallucinations of his, so the main moral of the story is that technology is bad for you.

May 17, 2022 at 2:08 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't know how this theory would work, but I had a dream where Game Theory said this. If anyone knows how this would work tell me.
Just wake up. This is your mother speaking to you, using a special device created by neurosurgeons and engineers, please wake up already. I've missed you so much after you went unconscious from that car crash! Please, my child, wake up...

May 17, 2022 at 4:15 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Pointless double post
Just wake up. This is your mother speaking to you, using a special device created by neurosurgeons and engineers, please wake up already. I've missed you so much after you went unconscious from that car crash! Please, my child, wake up...
No.

WAIT! I think I got it now.

It's been one year since Kazuma's family died. Sue died when after she got her driving license. Everyone died except Kazuma. Kazuma was later adopted, however his adopted family treated him like shit. His adoption brother got everything that Kazuma had. And Kazuma couldn't even share with his adoption brother. This caused him to start doing drugs, which caused him to hallucinate his family still being alive, and them being scientists (he's into technology and science, so thats why he hallucinated that.) discovering a floating island, with some other people joining them. (However in real life, he's actually walked into a abandoned house.)

Ater that, Kazuma gets trapped in the computer room of the abandoned house, where in his hallucination, he is teleported by Misery and Balrog into the caves of the floating island, and finds a computer and a teleporter, however he is trapped.. A few hours later, he snaps out of his hallucinations, However he thinks these hallucinations are real. And now he is forced to eat cockroaches, as he trapped. A few days later, he starts hallucinating again, as he is starving, and going mental. You see, you, the player, actually aren't playing as Quote.

YOU ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING AS KAZUMA HALLUCINATING STUFF.

The start of the game shows Kazuma trying to answer Sue by chatting with her on Skype, however Sue is dead, and that is why Sue doesn't answer. After that, Kazuma starts to hallucinate that he is a robot in a cave with amnesia. However Kazuma sometimes snaps out of it. However after you exit the first cave, it's too late.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 12:21 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Y'know what I'm not even entertaining this one, this gimmick theory was already tired and played out too long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.