Cave Story easter egg!

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
is this really supposed to be an april fool's joke
Correct. Had a little trouble with the timing since I don't live in a GMT region, though. That's where 31 march happened to come in... sorry about that.

That's the point. If he had done something ridiculous he would have been called out on the 1st post as a fake.
I understand that, but.. I mean, it's not even really interesting. Would have been beautiful, though, yeah..

I guess it is pretty good when I think about it. Half the forum probably tried it out and I would have too, and I guess that's the point..
Also correct. It did actually work better than I suspected. ^_^

So here I admit it officially: this was an april fools' hoax. I did not mod the game (I copy-pasted from the tile and spritesets, and I drew the droplets myself.), and I will not upload a video of the rain.

See you next year! :p

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
carrotlord said:
It's raining, it's pouring.

Nice joke, but it was real easy to mod in. Just put some water generators on the clouds.

diph.php

Unfortunately, they don't fall all the way to the ground, but this can be fixed by putting some droplet generators in mid-air.
Can you add shootable invisible blocks below the water generators and release a link? I wanna shoot me some clouds. :D

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
DoubleThink said:
Balcony rain would have been beautiful ;-;
True ;_; .........