Cave Story Deluxe

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hi, im currently working on a collective installer for Cave Story that includes the soundtrack, game, original artwork, and balrog papercraft model. I am wondering if there is anything else i should add. I am making this because I downloaded another Cave Story installer like this off of mininova that had a fanart section that contained... well lets just say it was cave story pr0n. I would love your feedback and ill upload the first version of the installer i made to rapidshare if requested. The cave story installer i talked about earlier was 70 megabytes, and had a lot of extras, but a much un-needed fanart section. I wanna make sure this is relatively small, and has extras that wont completly spoil the gameplay experience.

Mar 14, 2006 at 12:28 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
If the cave story remix project was done that'd go great with it. Sue's workshop is pure cave story justice, but for new people coming to the game it's probably unnecessary.

Can u be more specific where you got this cave story pron tho... it sounds tasty.

Mar 14, 2006 at 12:44 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
um it was yukky, one of the pics had balrog being uhh... squirted on
*vomits at disgustingness*

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:18 AM
Mar 14, 2006 at 1:25 AM
"..."
http://rapidshare.de/files/15447470/SWv0_2.zip.html

Thats Sue's workshop. The version I got from these forums. When I edited Shining phantoms game I noticed new things are named (like sprite 1 says lil shard, yellow jumpers, etc). So ProfEich might have a newer version somewhere, I donno. But its definatly still getting worked on YAY TO THAT!

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:01 AM
ok, ill package it in. is it compatble with the patched version of 1.0.0.6?

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:23 AM
"..."
If by patched you mean english patched then yes. If you mean something else then I wouldn't know.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:56 AM
Wow, this thing is really coming together. I am redownloading the other cave story installer because there was some useful things on it (and there was some things missing). If you want to download it to do a mininova search on cave story ex. like i said before though, plenty of un-necassary stuff (the person who made it took all the save games from this tribute site and put them in a folder, didnt even bother renaming them). Although if you want things like save games please tell me. Right now i have some fancy looking start menu icons for most of the stuff in the folder. This is thanks to the easy to use installer creator i am using that is available here http://www.clickteam.com . I am using a freeware version of it, which still has most of the features of the registered version. It is still open for suggestions so please reccomend anything you want thats officially cave story... in other words none of the fanart and stuff. Maybe someone would like to donate a strategy guide so i wouldnt have to go around to the websites that have them and ask their permission. Any reccomendations, suggestions, or just ideas about the design are welcome :)

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:37 PM
I think i might add pixel's minigame Ikachan into the installer. Theres a translated version at caiman, but it is straight from the japanese and makes no sense. Does anyone know how to better translate it, have a better translation, or wanna volunteer to translate it?

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:09 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
hey, new Version Avaible (CS2), but there is no newer version sorry, Prof. Eich haven't got any time, but i think, later he will work again on his projekt...

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:45 PM
Yes, i know. I am using the sues workshop 0_2 version in the installer. Now back to Ikachan, could anyone help?

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:57 PM
Hoxtilicious
hmm not really, but i can give you some MIDI files...

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:03 PM
if by the cave story soundtrack midi files, i already have the mp3 version of the soundtrack in the bundle. I did finish the Cave Story icon set today though!!!!!!! :)

Mar 15, 2006 at 11:00 PM
Heres what the start menu bar looks like, and ill upload "version 2" to rapidshare later maybe.
p3623-0-rig3gj.jpg

Plz comment, love to hear more ideas.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:30 AM
I've uploaded version 2 to rapidshare, test it out and tell me what you think. Does anything need to be added, taken out, etc. The crappily translated version of Ikachan from caiman is in there, if anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated. Ikachan was the game pixel made before Cave Story, and the two have a lot of similarities, although ikachan is more of a minigame. The squid from ikachan makes a cameo in cave story, im not telling where tho :)
Anyway, here's the installer http://rapidshare.de/files/15621071/cave_story_deluxe_version_2.exe.html

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:56 AM
could anyone who has already played version 2 tell me what needs to be added, taken out, etc.

Mar 17, 2006 at 9:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
Well, you have a mp3 version right?
So why do you don't want MIDI files too, it could be a nice extra... And MIDI files aren't such large as mp3 files... Well, but if u don't want...
Can't download it, it is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:23 PM
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Well, you have a mp3 version right?
So why do you don't want MIDI files too, it could be a nice extra... And MIDI files aren't such large as mp3 files... Well, but if u don't want...
Can't download it, it is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
the installer from mininova that inspired me to do this was 70 mb. This is only 40, a reasonable size for how much is in it. Are you on dialup? I can download this file in 30 minutes to an hour. I am going to see if i can turn this into a torrent eventually anyway, which should help anyone with download speed problems. Anyway i dont know if i should change the mp3s to midis, it was a pain setting up the playlist files so you could play it from the menu, had to use winamp. And besides, the mp3s sound great.

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:28 PM
Hoxtilicious
No you must not change, you can add them as a extra. More Cave Story Stuff = Better, or not??

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:37 PM
so you want them added in, which would make it bigger, though you just complained about the file size?