Cave Story - Curly Battle

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Cave Story - Curly Battle is a cave story clone i made in game maker in about 5 hours.
How to play:Basically get through a sand zone like area and fight curly, thats about it.
Controls:Z and X = Jump and Shoot, just like normal cave story.
-----
Download:[link removed]
-----
Also, by downloading, you agree that i am not liable for anything that happens to you're computer due to this file. Though it should NOT do anything to you're computer, it has been scanned on VirusTotal before release, which sends it through 46 antivirus scanner's, and the result was -no virus- on all scanners.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
This is actually pretty good.
You need to fix the collision detection and physics, as well as animations, though.

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This could use quite a lot of work. I'm not entirely sure what your motive is behind this, and maybe this is just a proof-of-concept or quick test or whatever, but this could have used at least a bit more polishing before releasing it. The jumping and walking up sloped surfaces is awkward, and the first time I loaded it, I got stuck in the platforms and went off the screen, requiring me to reset the game. Shooting felt a bit awkward too. So I guess maybe the main bit of feedback you might have wanted was on what the Curly fight itself was like.

Well, I suppose Curly's behavior had some similarities to that which she has in Cave Story. Not sure if it's possible to beat her though, because I haven't done it yet. Anyway, if I were to comment on one thing that isn't quite as obvious as everything inherent to the general lack of polish, I'd point out that I can't jump when I'm blinking, and during that time there's no walking animation if I move side-to-side.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Also, can you make it more apparent that I'm actually hitting Curly? I was jumping around shooting at Curly, and it seemed like hours until I finally beat her. I also found out that you can't shoot down, but good work on the game! I don't think I could have done any better then it.