cave story crashed

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hi. for some random reason today,i tried to play cave story but it crashed.after crying for a couplle hours(seriously)i decided to post it here and try to get help.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:18 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well if you couldn't get into the game at all, then you should either try rebooting or perhaps reinstalling the game. Sounds to me like it could also be a shortcut error. If you have made a desktop shortcut or any shortcut for that matter that does not properly point to the doukutsu.exe file in the appropriate file folder with all the other necessary Cave Story files, then the game isn't going to start up.

If none of this solves your problem, I suggest you post your findings in a bit more detail, such as what does your computer tell you when you launch the game? What other programs have you been running while starting it, et cetera.

Hope you are able to get it working again.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:22 PM
There's a glitch in an outdated version of the patch that crashes the game at a few points. Make sure you're using the latest release, which can be found at http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
a friend of mine had the same problem, although he had the newest patch and version. His computer completely fizzled out(it was fine though after a reboot).

Apr 2, 2006 at 9:07 PM
sorry those dont raelly help...this may be somethig i haven't told any one before,but i have a mac......