Cave Story+: Christmas theme won't go away

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So previously I thought the Christmas theme belongs to the game, meanwhile I was enlightened and disabled the "Seasonal Art" option to revert the game to its original form. But some of the Christmas theme stays regardless: the dialog faces of characters are still Christmas themed, the Doctor still has a box on his head, missiles have a stripe over them, and the weapon level up triangles are still little bells. If I go to Options, enable Seasonal Art and then disable it again, the game correctly reverts into its original form with all the facesets and triangles and so on. But then if I restart the game, some of the Christmas art comes back again until I enable and disable Seasonal Art again.

Anyone else encountered this problem? How can I report it to the actual developers/maintainers?

I have the native Linux version installed through the Ubuntu Software Center.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Are you sure it's not present in the Windows version too? Could someone test it?

(Anyway, my only regret so far that I'm not playing the Windows version is that I can't get Steam achievements... :))

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Unnamed said:
Are you sure it's not present in the Windows version too? Could someone test it?

(Anyway, my only regret so far that I'm not playing the Windows version is that I can't get Steam achievements... :))
I'm able to turn off seasonal art in the windows version, but this may or may not be because I'm doing it on the HIB version. I think I heard that that Steam Windows version has this glitch as well.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Dunc2403 said:
Linux version bugs are a part of life and always will be for CS+
Just wait until the Epiphany, I'm almost 87% sure that the seasonal stuff stops then
You are right!

CS+ is now back to normal with Seasonal Art option removed. I ran the program 30 seconds until midnight and looked at the options, and once midnight came (Jan 7), while CS+ is still running, I left and returned to options and POOF! Seasonal Art is gone. Nicalis did set the duration of Christmas Art From Christmas Eve to Epiphany.