Cave story 3D review

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Cave story 3D video review

Cave story 3D video review in the link, or just below if the embedding works

Welp, I asked around, started up a thread, said something stupid, got hounded for it by 2 and a half people, clarified, and put it back on track.

All this just so I can give cave story 3D a second chance, I consider it given and now, here's my review...

If you don't like it, just tell me why here or in the comments! If you do like it I'd appreciate it if you commented too.

I'm deciding weather I want to tell fan communities when I do a review having to do with a game or not... Testing here! Tell me what you think of my review, in these comments and under the video itself, won't you?

With that, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dec 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What I heard, this game is good, but not as great as everyone hoed. I mean, sure, 100 health is nice and being a prinny and having a new weapon is fun, but they could have expanded on it. I was hopping for something Like the wind fortress in here, but no, they rush it.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:31 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Leaf_It said:
Sorry forthe necro post but, Out of curiosity, would you like it would if looked like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrebXemrZZ0

I don't know if your just sharing a random cool video... But yeah, if it looked like that I would have atleast reccomended it...
But frankly I thought the animation was terrible... Like... really really bad.

-Sometimes things looked glitchy or buggy, like the characters were out of sync.
Ex: When Sue gets punched early on, because of the difference in size between her and Igor, it looks like she's getting punched by thin air, plus it's just a very slow and unfitting animation for someone being punched at all.

Some things plain didn't work in 3D.
Ex: Balrog now jumps through ceilings without making a hole, while in 2D you plain couldn't see the ceiling

And then there's just plain ugly:
Ex: The characters have no range of facial expression. So it's hard to connect or use your imagination...

Wish I could've found actual footage, but I can't record my 3DS, and I didn't see anyone else who did at the time.

P.S. How do I embed?

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
To embed a youtube video, take the text after the = and put it between (YOUTUBE)(/YOUTUBE) but, of course, replace ( with [ and ) with ]

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If i could make a small suggestion for your next review. Please, Lower the background music. Alot of the time i couldnt hear what you where saying.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Omega said:
If i could make a small suggestion for your next review. Please, Lower the background music. Alot of the time i couldnt hear what you where saying.

Alot of people said so actually. This one was the last straw, I've added captions.