Cave Story 3D on Nintendo Show 3D

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:28 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Okay, so don't ask why, but I recorded all of Nintendo Show 3D because I enjoyed watching it as a kid and I keep it on in the background since I miss shows that share it's format.
I noticed that nobody has a direct feed of the episodes online anywhere. Nintendo has segments from the show in HD, but episodes are still exclusive to the 3DS eShop. I have every episode recorded as a direct feed via Katsukity.

Anyways, to wrap this back into Cave Story 3D, I noticed the December 1st, 2011 episode had a segment on Cave Story 3D. I figured I'd share it here for archival purposes. I apologize for the poor quality, but believe it or not, this video is upscaled. The 3DS just had very poor quality for videos.

Cave Story 3D segment begins at 3:29
If anybody wants the raw video file, I can link it if you'd like it.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:14 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay, so don't ask why, but I recorded all of Nintendo Show 3D because I enjoyed watching it as a kid and I keep it on in the background since I miss shows that share it's format.
I can pretty tell why, this has some huge 2000s nostalgia vibes, this stuff is definitely worth archiving. I probably won't be re-watching this or playing it in the background or anything, but this is a good thing to have saved.

Jan 11, 2022 at 8:45 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You just resurfaced nostalgia I didn't even know I had. I knew I recognized the West Coast Customs Mario Kart stuff from this show, but I completely forgot about Cave Story 3D being here.

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:56 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm not sure if anybody else is updated, but I also found that they covered both Ikachan 3DS and Cave Story eShop in this episode. Again, 3DS quality is not made for HD monitors.
Ikachan/Cave Story coverage begins at 1:47

Jan 12, 2022 at 6:41 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm not sure if anybody else is updated, but I also found that they covered both Ikachan 3DS and Cave Story eShop in this episode. Again, 3DS quality is not made for HD monitors.
Ikachan/Cave Story coverage begins at 1:47
Is it just me, or is the audio desynchronized on this one?

Jan 13, 2022 at 9:20 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
lol, where these like those videos that you could watch on the 3DS?
I remember watching something about Pikmin 3 on my 3Ds that was formatted similarly to this.
Also a shoutout to Cave Story eShop, the TRUE AND ONLY WAY to play CS.
It's not you, It's desynced.

Jan 15, 2022 at 4:21 AM
Oh, looks like it is. Sorry guys, there must've been a problem when recording. I can fix it tomorrow. My 3DS currently isn't in a spot to record cause I enjoy hardmods, haha.

Alright, as it turns out, I had audio delay active. Also...I was able to record it before tomorrow, haha. This should be better.
Again, this is Nintendo Show 3D - Feb. 28th, 2013. Includes coverage of Ikachan and Cave Story eShop. Coverage begins at 1:48