"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Mar 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, let's see...

• The intro is buggy, you can't continue the dialogue
  • The colours in the intro are jarring, specifically the light blues
  • It's a mod of Anuken's mod apparently
  • Dialogue needs a ton of grammar revision - Jenka is called Jenga for some reason, Jenka refers to Ballos at one point as Balrog, the text goes out of the message box at one point, and the rest of the time there's like two words per line with random breaks and a severe lack of periods
  • Dialogue needs a ton of revision in general - I mean come on Ballos goes berserk when someone says "not so fast"
  • Jenka and Ballos are facing the wrong way (?)
  • Map randomly changes when Ballos explodes
  • Ow ow ow OW bright red sky background
  • Maps with no boundaries which means infinite falling
  • Maps with invisible walls
  • Balrog is a capsule of some sort now
  • There are weird tiles in the small room after Curly
  • Map design needs a sizable amount of work
In summary: You need to heavily revise prominent mistakes in your mod before being able to publish it and have people actually play it. Also I have no idea what's going on 4/5 of the time, and the story moves along really quickly.

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:24 AM
I AM STUPID! There are like 30 more things I was gonna put in before publishing including more maps!!

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Okay;
  • The intro doesn't work because you have put <NOD's in which causes the intro to get skipped when the player tries to read the text. Instead you should use <WAI's to move dialogue along.
  • Jenka was misspelled as 'Jenga', and there were a couple more spelling mistakes.
  • Why does Ballos' face picture show him to look how he does after the king tortured him and he went insane, even though the scene was set before that? You should either give him a new face picture or just leave it blank.
  • In the cutscene where Ballos was taken by the king at one point Jenka said Balrog, I don't know if this is just an error in the text because I didn't see Balrog in the cutscene. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure Balrog came after the Demon Crown was forged.
  • The background for the Frontyard map, does not properly fit the screen. Under the trees you can see the sky again and on the right-side it does not go all the way leaving a strip of purple. You just need to fill in the bottom bit with green and the right-side with the sky colour.
  • Quotes hair and shirt have been turned fully black, so now they are transparent, make them a colour very similar to black so they still show up in-game instead of transparent.
  • In the bottom-right-corner of the Entryway there are some random tiles on the outside of the map, you should probably remove them.
  • Also, the Entryway itself is very poorly made, it has no form, make it more square and blocky to make it look neater, like a house, just look at how Pixel did all the house areas in Cave Story.
  • When you speak too Balrog, through the telephone thing, a second time his dialogue doesn't change so it comes off as weird. I would set a flag jump at the start of the script and then set the flag after Balrog is done speaking; you can then have the flag jump go to a different bit of dialogue.
  • I went through the bottom-right door in the Entryway and it took me back too the Frontyard, but it wouldn't let me go back to the Entryway and when I then went to South Field I tried going back to the Frontyard but instead I fell off the map...
In it's current state it is quite broken, especially considering once I went through the door in the Entryway there was no way for me to go back so I was stuck forever. There are just lots of mandatory bits of script missing making it very unplayable, but from your post it seems like you still have a lot to do, I hope you get round to fixing these things so I can play on, good luck.

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM

- <wai1000 Works as good intro code...

- You stole a mod! You don't re-release a mod that anuken made!

- Ballos, that's ballos? Ballos? His textbox image shows him as a ball.

- Ladies and other men, THE GHOST BALROG!!!!!!!!

- Background changes to outside... witch craft or mistake?

- No black in the palette, tries to change something?

- Balrog, before the bar of soap!

- Error in tiles over to the right.

- South field = death if jumping? Copied by anuken?

- Useless star blocks, same for currents.

- Incorrectly used top waterblocks.

- Yeah! Balrog half standing on a block! Wh- is he casuing mischeif?

- Instant scenery change, no fade?

- "You guys are heavy okay"

- Why did you black out the screen just for Misery?

- Ninja... BACKGROUND SLASH!

- Balrog and misery, THE STATUES OF AWESOME!

- Who? Who? Oh, it's just king! He must be undead... and cloned?

- Ending sequence, no map loaded!

Wait? I'm the only person to actually continue this?

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM
WOW! Anuken did not make this! noone look as I change thi-
Oh forget it...
Close this topic this mod is abandoned unless you guys can help me fix some parts..

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well that didn't last long.

1. Don't ask others to fix things for you
2. Don't release a half-assed mod that even you think isn't good
3. Don't stop when things get tough, you need to learn discipline to finish making a mod (or doing anything for that matter)

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
at the end, there are two Kings LOL

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Would you mind me ask something, out of you? When you copy a mod, please don't leave the map layout as is! *cough*Shed*cough*RobotStory*cough*

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Actuallly.. I FIXED MOST OF THIS STUFF!

So happy!
I am leaving this topic open and I might keep it up until I get bored of it :muscledoc: :muscledoc: :momo: :debug: :orangebell: :pignon2: :greydroll: :pignon: :toroko: :chin: :balrog: :eek: :D