cave story 2 petit com edition

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hello guys ! :) about a week ago I bought cave story (dsiware) and it was great! :orangebell: and I also have a programming tool...the same one that made cave story :pignon: ! so i'm working on cave story 2 on petit computer. can anyone post any grapic's that would fit in?
see y'all later :cool:

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think you may be confused as to what you have.
If you could remake cave story on petitcom, I'd be hells of impressed, but you won't.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
halozane said:
:orangebell: and I also have a programming tool...the same one that made cave story :pignon: !
If you're talking about Petit Computer, you're all kinds of wrong.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I've been following a project that's remaking Mega Man 2 on Petit Computer, and boy jeez it looks all kind of difficult. Making Cave Story 2 on Petit Computer... well, not only would it be very impractical, but it probably wouldn't be any good unless a huge amount of effort is put forth.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:14 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Seeing what a "Petit" computer is; I shall say this.....best of luck to you, but finding the graphics may be a tricky challenge to over come even before starting everything.

May 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok , I've got a lot of sprites 'n such. now I need the story...i have got plenty idea's,but i'm going to leave it all up to you.
here's what it "could" be like...
story?:

your in the surface of earth... you where knocked out when something attacks... you lost all of your weapons and items...
you need to find them. but later the president of the u.s.a want's you shot down. so what are you going to do? your going to defend yourself and your partner, curly brace. do whatever you can to make it to japan,the home of the sakamotos.

anyone like it?

May 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Professional Whatever
Send in the grammar nazis

May 31, 2014 at 6:39 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
halozane said:
Ok , I've got a lot of sprites 'nand such. nNow I need the story...iI have got plenty of idea's,but iI'm going to leave it all up to you.
hHere's what it "could" be like...
story?:

yourYou're ion the surface of earth... you where knocked out when something attacks... you lost all of your weapons and items...
you need to find them. but later the president of the u.s.aU.S.A want's you shot down. sSo what are you going to do? yourYou're going to defend yourself and your partner, cCurly bBrace. do whatever you can to make it to jJapan, the home of the sSakamotos.

aAnyone like it?
Fix your grammar, sir, and then we'll see.
But yeah, I agree with everyone else here in saying this will probably never happen.

May 31, 2014 at 6:59 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
That story is stupid and bad. Trying to put real world locations in Cave Story doesn't work, unless this is a joke.

May 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This went so bad so quickly.
Also, take a look at this and this, and you might end up reconsidering the approach you're taking.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
pics or didn't happen

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i have petit computer and have played megaman2 petit computer edition and was inspired to do 3 different things:
1:make my own Touhou game.
2:make my own Cave story game
and 3:port that Touhou Cave story mod that i cant remember the name of right now over to petit computer.

so far the only thing ive done is modify spites in one of the preexisting game samples to resemble touhou characters and replace the stage theme with Doll Judgement the Girl who Played with Peoples Shape

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well it sounds like you're well on your way

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
Use of real world locations will diminish the immersion of this story in particular. If a civil-like setting is what you're going for, creating new countries / imitating real life ones would be a better way to go.

Also holy sh**, your topic has 1000+ views.