Cave Story 2 [Fan Mod] - [On Hold]

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:22 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
UPDATE

I've been working on the mod quite a bit. Mainly learning ASM, not really much on the mod itself. However, due to lots
of upcoming things I have become quite busy so I am putting the mod on hold, not cancelling just holding back until I
have more free time to work on it.

I prefer to have long periods to work on the mod so that I don't lose track of what I'm doing or get bored. I will make
another update when I resume working on the mod and learning ASM.

Update 05/01/2013
Development on the mod has started up again! There is a new build up for download on the first post, there are a couple tweaks to existing zones and a new one which is highly in-dev.
Please test it out and tell me what needs changing and what is good/bad.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
found a bug

it seems before a cutsence starts a carte like thing shows on top of me and i tink its the script thats showing

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:11 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If the object appearing is a grey square with an X in the middle then that is not a bug.

Basically on the Cave Story npcSym.bmp the first 16x16 pixel space is a pure black square, this image is assigned to all
NPCs that do not have an image already, an example being h/v triggers. I changed it to a visible grey box because I had
lots of trouble in testing with h/v triggers, they weren't working so I used that image to check they were there and other
stuff. I just forgot to change the image back when setting up the public build.