Cave Story: 1000 Years Later

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
What would happed if you took the entire timeline of CS and moved it foreward 1000 years? What this means is that the island has had some changes to it (geography wise). For example:

• The Waterway and Resivoir have started to flood so Mimiga Village and First Cave have now been filled with water.
  • Egg corrider has grown stalictites and stalagmites (spikes)
Let me know what you think of the idea.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:09 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Interesting, go on.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
All the mimigas are now robots (mimiga-robots). Yep.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Zombies wonder throughout various areas near Ballos' Seal Chamber.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
That would be quite interesting to see what the difference would be. Without anyone to oppose the doctor and the fight for the crown the island would be death zone. I suppose the doctor would actually be dead. The statue room would have to be extended so that about another 10 crown-bearers could be put in. But wait with no hermit around who would make your weapons :pignon2:?

If you are actually thinking of doing this as a mod...some important points.
Make sure you open up new sections of the map. Change things. The storyline would have to changed heaps. An important thing here is that it's not just about making everything full of spikes. I think most people have seen to many of these. A lot of plot line would have to changed for this - it gives plenty of room for speculation and imagination. It is actually a pretty cool idea (provided that it is done right)! Maybe the island has been extended to make way for more Mimiga slavery etc...

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Kick Ass said:
That would be quite interesting to see what the difference would be. Without anyone to oppose the doctor and the fight for the crown the island would be death zone. I suppose the doctor would actually be dead. The statue room would have to be extended so that about another 10 crown-bearers could be put in. But wait with no hermit around who would make your weapons :pignon2:?

If you are actually thinking of doing this as a mod...some important points.
Make sure you open up new sections of the map. Change things. The storyline would have to changed heaps. An important thing here is that it's not just about making everything full of spikes. I think most people have seen to many of these. A lot of plot line would have to changed for this - it gives plenty of room for speculation and imagination. It is actually a pretty cool idea (provided that it is done right)! Maybe the island has been extended to make way for more Mimiga slavery etc...

As of right now I am just starting it, so if any one has any suggestions for the story, please tell me.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM
CommanderJersey said:
As of right now I am just starting it, so if any one has any suggestions for the story, please tell me.

You could start it out as just a simple exploration game, that way you don't feel the pressure of a plot and experience freedom right from the beginning of the game.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:21 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
First thing is first. Grab a notebook and research every detail of the history of Cave Story. Once you have done that start writing down plot ideas. Your main characters...etc. Important parts of the plot that will focus around your story. I presume quote and curly are still the main characters, and everyone else has died...apart from Jenka etc... I'm happy to help with plot ideas once you get a basic idea about the mod :D It's a pretty cool idea :pignon2:

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Here is the timeline (most of it from CS tribute site):
Once Upon A Time
- Ballos is thrown into prison by the jealous king and tortured.
- Ballos snaps and destroys the kingdom.
- Jenka seals Ballos on the Island.
- Misery has Ballos create the Demon Crown, is subsequently cursed by it.
- Reigns of the first two Crown Bearers.

1010 Years Before Cave Story
- Robot armies from the Surface attack the Island in order to get their hands on the Demon Crown. They kill countless Mimigas and humans in the process.
- Miakid finds the Demon Crown and starts a reign of terror. Scout robots fight him. He is later defeated (we don't know by whom).
- Mimigas eat the Red Flowers, defeat the robots and presumably descend upon the Surface.

Over next 1000 years:
-New minion joins Misery and Balrog.
-Several Environment changes.
-7 more crown bearers come and go.
-(will edit in more later)

Present Time
- The research team, consisting of prof. Booster, the Sakamotos, Itoh and Dr. Fuyuhiko Date, arrives at the Island.
- The Doctor finds the Crown and uses its powers to capture the team.
- Sue and Itoh are turned into Mimigas by Misery and subsequently escape. Booster and Kazuma are thrown into prison. Momorin plays it safe by siding with the Doctor. Kazuma escapes, presumably by the teleporter in the Prison #2 room.
- Balrog and Misery go into the Mimiga Village, kill Arthur and kidnap countless villagers. Sometime between this, Sue turns up at the Village.
-Curly and Quote have gone to the island to kill curret crown bearer.
-They get seperated and lose their memory (similar to the original).
- Quote wakes up...

After Game starts
-Will edit later

Do you have any more suggestions for timeline?

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Yep I know. So before quote wakes up everything sounds good. Ok so quote will wake up in a cave. Has he lost his memory? Is this his first time on the island? Has he fought a crown bearer before (like miakid). The main points are that more crown bearers have reigned the island. The mimigas have been enslaved apart from one small rebel group. Red flowers are still being grown. The island is a disaster. There are several small testing facilities for top secret information. Quote and Curly are still sent to destroy the demon crown. Are they more sophisticated and better equipped robots than before?

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:08 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Does anyone have an idea for the new cast of Mimigas (like King, Toroko, ect.)? Here are my ideas so far:
-A very smart Mimiga who knew a lot history about the island but then got amnesia (will recover later in the game) (decendant of Jack)
-A Mimiga who being forced to become a warrior to fight the docter but isn't a good warrior (decendant of Author and Toroko)
-A postman Mimiga?

Do you have any other Ideas? I need completely new cast of Mimigas.

Kick A: 1.Quote and Curly have never been on the island before.
2.They are very old models that have been needed to get rid of so the are being dipatched to the island since the company doesn't think it is as very big deal.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
CommanderJersey said:
Does anyone have an idea for the new cast of Mimigas (like King, Toroko, ect.)? Here are my ideas so far:
-A very smart Mimiga who knew a lot history about the island but then got amnesia (will recover later in the game) (decendant of Jack)
-A Mimiga who being forced to become a warrior to fight the docter but isn't a good warrior (decendant of Author and Toroko)
-A postman Mimiga?

Do you have any other Ideas? I need completely new cast of Mimigas.

Kick A: 1.Quote and Curly have never been on the island before.
2.They are very old models that have been needed to get rid of so the are being dipatched to the island since the company doesn't think it is as very big deal.

Ok so just to get this straight... Quote and Curly are still the main characters?

One problem... Toroko wouldn't have a descendant. She was only a girl when she was killed. Arthur could have a descendant but unlikely. There is no descendant of king mentioned (or she/he was killed). So it would have to be Jack. But then where are all the females? :momo: So maybe just don't dwell upon who's descendant the mimiga is. Just make them a mimiga. Now I was suggesting a rebel group. What do you think of that idea?

Now thinking about this alot of the other mimigas would be enslaved or killed. The current crown bearer is still doing a lot of experiments.

When quote and curly arrive they would probably be together. Maybe then they are split up later in the game.

If you want a descendant... perhaps you could have one of the Sakatomo's?

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Kick Ass said:
Ok so just to get this straight... Quote and Curly are still the main characters?

One problem... Toroko wouldn't have a descendant. She was only a girl when she was killed. Arthur could have a descendant but unlikely. There is no descendant of king mentioned (or she/he was killed). So it would have to be Jack. But then where are all the females? :momo: So maybe just don't dwell upon who's descendant the mimiga is. Just make them a mimiga. Now I was suggesting a rebel group. What do you think of that idea?

Now thinking about this alot of the other mimigas would be enslaved or killed. The current crown bearer is still doing a lot of experiments.

When quote and curly arrive they would probably be together. Maybe then they are split up later in the game.

If you want a descendant... perhaps you could have one of the Sakatomo's?
1. Quote and Curly are still the main characters. They are trash units for their time and were sent to the island because their company didn't think the situation was a big deal. They are sent to different qudrons of the island (Quote in first cave, Curly's location is undecided.) They don't have any memory of the past because they never expierienced it.
2. I think the rebel groub is a good idea. They will be hidden in Aurthors house and the will almost never leave. They are slowly being trained to fight back against the doctor. They rest of the mimigas have been enslaved by doctors of the past and are currently enslaved now.
3. The Sakomotos are currently coming to the island, like if they were born 1000 years later.

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:23 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Okay. That sounds fine except the crown bearer's aren't called doctors. That was only the name of the 4th Crown bearer. The previous 3 have names...

So for the sakatomos. Just to make things less complicated... make them all human: they did not come here with the current crown bearer. They were sent to do scientific research on mimigas but upon arrival they joined the rebel group. I don't think one rebel group could fit in Arthur's house. Maybe they occupy the whole Mimiga village. Potentially make it a bit smaller though (caved in). They would need food to sustain themselves right?

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
what is the surface basically?
Earth? and the island is a floating island inside of the Earth's atmosphere?