Capcom Dying?

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
Jun 21, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
If one of the Big Three buys Capcom and acquires all of their franchises, I suspect the balance of powers will be thrown off. It could mean great things for the company that manages this and great for the games, but also vice versa. How many companies outside of the Big Three can afford to buy Capcom? Best case scenario we'll see something similar to what happened to Atlus (which SEGA ended up acquiring) and still see games being made for all platforms. I saw a lot of people suggesting that Nintendo buy Capcom, and while that would be really cool for someone like me (and would give Nintendo a huge advantage), I don't know if I think that would be the best possible outcome. The only thing we can do is wait.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Tpcool said:
If one of the Big Three buys Capcom and acquires all of their franchises, I suspect the balance of powers will be thrown off. It could mean great things for the company that manages this and great for the games, but also vice versa. How many companies outside of the Big Three can afford to buy Capcom? Best case scenario we'll see something similar to what happened to Atlus (which SEGA ended up acquiring) and still see games being made for all platforms. I saw a lot of people suggesting that Nintendo buy Capcom, and while that would be really cool for someone like me (and would give Nintendo a huge advantage), I don't know if I think that would be the best possible outcome. The only thing we can do is wait.
Disney also could buy out Capcom as well, and that possibility could be great if Disney's company purchasing actions repeat itself.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
If Nintendo bought Capcom, it would kinda suck, considering a ton of Capcom's more recent games such as Street Fighter IV, Strider, Remember Me, and Marvel Vs. Capcom were never released on Nintendo platforms which would cause them to probably be removed from PSN and such. Disney buying Capcom... I'm not sure how well that would work out but it would be good for Marvel vs. Capcom, considering the legal complications with that. A lot of people are hoping that Nintendo will buy Capcom because Mega Man but I honestly don't think that would change anything.

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mega Man isn't the only reason Nintendo would buy Capcom. Capcom has worked as a second party developer for Nintendo for years. Remember Minish Cap? That was Capcom. There's plenty others too. Capcom also has plenty of franchises that would be a big help to Nintendo what with the current success of the Wii U.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Forever 12
Guys, you know what would be awesome? If this fourm site teamed up together and started a kickstarter fundraiser to buy capcom!

Hahahaha, J.k

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
Parkraft123 said:
Guys, you know what would be awesome? If this fourm site teamed up together and started a kickstarter fundraiser to buy capcom!

Hahahaha, J.k

No, it just might work...

We'll need a forklift, some pliers, a piece of string... :orangebell:

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Forever 12
I don't know where your going with this, and I also know your not serious...

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
Parkraft123 said:
I don't know where your going with this, and I also know your not serious...
No,no,this is what the list of tools are needed for:

Forklift- To carry the huge bundles of dollar bills we get after pulling this off...

Pliers- To break the fabrics of the universe to even allow us the chance to pull this thing off.

A Piece of String- For entertainment.

With these 3 tools,

WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!! :orangebell:

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I liked Capcom games, hope they'll survive. If someone buys it I just hope it is not Ubisoft

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Perpetually out of it
I think you mean EA.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I like capcom but some of the more recent games aren't that good (I'm talking to you Dark Void!)

I think it would be EA or Square Enix. I would want Nintendo to buy it, but we all know that's never happening.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
i don't think i'd be likely for capcom to be bought from microsoft or nintendo,but most likely by sony the've done a lot togethr it would be likely that sony would buy it